Severe depression, especially with characteristic features of anxiety, agitation, and sleep disorders. Depressive States in patients with schizophrenia in combination with a neuroleptic to prevent exacerbation of hallucinations and paranoid mania. Chronic pain syndrome. Nocturnal enuresis in the absence of organic pathology.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: amitriptyline (25 mg).
Saroten is produced in the form of tablets.
It is a tricyclic antidepressant. It belongs to the group of non-selective inhibitors of neuronal uptake of monoamines. It has some central analgesic (analgesic), H2-histamine-blocking, antiserotonin effect.
Saroten is shown:
- with depression with anxiety, sleep disturbance, agitation (endogenous, involutional, reactive, neurotic, drug);
- with organic brain lesions;
- with alcohol withdrawal;
- with schizophrenic psychosis;
- with mixed emotional disorders;
- for behavioral disturbances;
- with nocturnal enuresis (with the exception of enuresis caused by hypotension of the bladder);
- with bulimia nervosa;
- with chronic pain syndrome (migraine, pain with cancer, rheumatic diseases, atypical pain in the face, post-traumatic neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia, diabetic peripheral neuropathy).
Saroten is not used:
- with intolerance to the components;
- when taking MAOI;
- with myocardial infarction (in the acute and recovery period);
- with acute alcohol intoxication;
- in case of acute intoxication with analgesic, hypnotic, psychoactive drugs;
- with angle-closure glaucoma;
- with severe violations of atrioventricular and intraventricular conduction;
- when breastfeeding;
- children under 7 years old.
Saroten is used with caution:
- with alcoholism;
- with bronchial asthma;
- with manic-depressive psychosis;
- with epilepsy;
- with oppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- with hyperthyroidism;
- with angina pectoris;
- with heart failure;
- with intraocular hypertension;
- with schizophrenia;
- during pregnancy.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Application in pregnant women is possible only on the recommendation of a doctor.
Breastfeeding for the period of treatment is stopped.
Method of administration and dosage
Saroten is used internally.
The standard dose is 25 mg 3 times a day, gradually increasing the dose (maximum 300 mg / day).
Symptoms: drowsiness, confusion, disorientation, depression of consciousness, dilated pupils, shortness of breath, fever, dysarthria, hallucinations, agitation, respiratory depression, convulsive seizures, vomiting, muscle stiffness, arterial hypotension, arrhythmia, heart failure.
Therapeutic measures: drug withdrawal, symptomatic therapy, maintenance of hemodynamics, water-electrolyte balance, ECG monitoring.
- Cardiovascular disorders: tachycardia, conduction disturbance, arrhythmia, lability of blood pressure, symptoms of heart failure, expansion of the QRS complex on the ECG, fainting.
- Neurological disorders: ataxia, headache, fatigue, irritability, weakness, dizziness, drowsiness / insomnia, tinnitus, impaired concentration, dysarthria, nightmares, confusion, motor agitation, hallucinations, disorientation, paresthesias, tremors, peripheral neuropathy , extrapyramidal disorders, EEG changes, anxiety, convulsions.
- Digestive disorders: heartburn, nausea, stomatitis, vomiting, anorexia, taste disturbances, epigastric discomfort, darkening of the tongue, gastralgia, diarrhea, cholestatic jaundice, dry mouth, intestinal obstruction, constipation.
- Endocrine disorders: an increase in the size of the mammary glands, galactorrhea, changes in libido, changes in the secretion of antidiuretic hormone (ADH), impaired potency, hypo / hyperglycemia, impaired glucose tolerance, glucosuria, testicular edema.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, rash, photosensitivity, itching, angioedema.
- Ophthalmic disorders: blurred vision, increased intraocular pressure, accommodation paresis.
- Others: purpura, eosinophilia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, hair loss, weight gain, sweating, swollen lymph nodes, pollakiuria, withdrawal syndrome, fever, urinary retention.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Saroten for no more than 5 years at temperatures up to +25 ° C.