A state of constant mental stress (Manager’s syndrome); neurasthenia and neurasthenic reactions accompanied by irritability, anxiety, fear, fatigue, distraction, memory impairment, mental exhaustion; neurocirculatory dystonia of the hypertensive and cardiac type; asthenic syndrome (hypersthenic form); arterial hypertension of stage I; insomnia (mild forms); itchy dermatoses (eczema, urticaria); headache caused by nervous tension; migraine. Used as a symptomatic agent for menopausal syndrome and mild forms of dysmenorrhea.
active ingredients: 1 tablet contains Sedavita thick extract in terms of dry matter * – 170.0 mg, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride in terms of 100% substance) – 3.0 mg, vitamin PP (nicotinamide, in terms of 100% substance ) – 15.0 mg;
excipients: potato starch; sodium croscarmellose; lactose, monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; calcium stearate.
* 1 g of Sedavita thick extract contains: flavonoids extracted with ethanol 35% (1: 4.5) from a mixture of: rhizomes with valerian roots (2 parts), hawthorn fruit (2 parts), St. John’s wort (1 part), peppermint leaves (2 parts), hop cones (2 parts) – not less than 0.01 g (in terms of dry matter and rutin).
Complex extract for Sedavit preparation is obtained from rhizomes with valerian roots, hawthorn fruits, St. John’s wort, peppermint leaves, hop cones. The pharmacological action of the drug is due to the properties of the components that make up its composition. Biologically active substances of extracts of medicinal plants have a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous and cardiovascular systems and have a predominantly sedative, anxiolytic effect, eliminate the feeling of fear, mental stress. Vitamins are components of enzyme systems that are involved in redox processes in the body. Pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6) – normalizes the functioning of the central and peripheral nervous system; nicotinamide (vitamin PP) – participates in the processes of tissue respiration, fat and carbohydrate metabolism.
The state of constant mental stress (“manager” syndrome); neurasthenia and neurasthenic reactions, accompanied by irritability, anxiety, fear, fatigue, absent-mindedness, memory impairment, mental exhaustion; neurocirculatory dystonia of hypertensive and cardiac type; asthenic syndrome (hypersthenic form); arterial hypertension stage I; insomnia (mild forms); itchy dermatoses (eczema, urticaria); headache due to nervous tension; migraine; as a symptomatic agent for climacteric syndrome and mild forms of dysmenorrhea.
Hypersensitivity to the drug’s components, depression and conditions accompanied by depression of the central nervous system, bronchial asthma, spasmophilia, severe arterial hypotension, bradycardia, myasthenia gravis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, ischemic heart disease, liver disease, hyperuricemia, gout, decompensated diabetes mellitus, urolithiasis.
Method of administration and dosage
For adults and children over 12 years of age, the drug is prescribed 2 tablets 3 times a day. The drug is taken without chewing, with a small amount of liquid. In case of nausea, the drug should be taken with food. If necessary, a single dose is increased to 3 tablets. In the event of adverse reactions from the nervous system (drowsiness, dizziness), 1 tablet is prescribed 3 times a day. The interval between doses of the drug is 8 hours. The drug can be used as a single dose of 2-3 tablets 30-60 minutes before the expected emotional stress.
The course of treatment depends on the form and severity of the disease, the nature of concomitant therapy, the achieved treatment effect and is determined by the doctor.
The safety and efficacy of Sedavit for children under 12 years of age has not been established; therefore, the drug can only be used in children over 12 years of age.
Symptoms: increased side effects. Later, these symptoms may be accompanied by a feeling of numbness, joint pain and a feeling of heaviness in the stomach. Symptoms of a nicotinamide overdose may also appear: dizziness, convulsions, tremors, sweating, coughing, skin rash, arterial hypotension. Symptoms characteristic of peripheral neuropathy.
Treatment: drug withdrawal, symptomatic therapy.
In isolated cases, the following undesirable effects may appear:
- Allergic reactions, including flushing, rash, itching, edema, urticaria, anaphylactic reactions, including anaphylactic shock.
- From the side of the central and peripheral nervous system: drowsiness, fatigue, dizziness, depressed emotional state, agitation, headache, paresthesia, weakness, decreased performance.
- From the digestive tract: nausea, pain and abdominal cramps, vomiting, heartburn, increased gastric secretion, intestinal dysfunction (diarrhea, constipation).
- From the side of the cardiovascular system: bradycardia, decreased blood pressure, tachycardia, arrhythmia.
- On the part of the skin: photosensitivity in sensitive people, dermatitis, dry skin.
- From the side of the musculoskeletal system: numbness of the limbs, muscle weakness.
- From the side of metabolism: with prolonged use in high doses – a decrease in glucose tolerance.
- Deviations of biochemical parameters from the norm: increased levels of aspartate aminotransferase (AST), lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), alkaline phosphatase, blood glucose, hyperuricemia.
Store in its original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Keep out of the reach of children.