Arterial hypertension. Chronic stable angina. Vasospastic angina (Prinzmetal’s angina).
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: amlodipine (2,5 mg).
Semlopin is produced in the form of tablets.
It is a calcium ion antagonist. Blocks the flow of calcium ions into the cells of smooth muscle fibers of the heart and blood vessels through the slow calcium channels of the membranes. Has a direct relaxing effect on vascular smooth muscle, causes a decrease in blood pressure. Reduces ischemia (improves blood supply to tissues) with angina pectoris, reduces energy consumption, tissue oxygen demand.
- with stable angina pectoris;
- with arterial hypertension;
- with vasospastic angina (Prinzmetal).
Semlopin is contraindicated:
- in case of allergic reactions to amlodipine in the past;
- with severe arterial hypotension;
- with shock (including cardiogenic);
- with unstable angina pectoris;
- with obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricle (including severe aortic stenosis);
- in the acute phase of myocardial infarction.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of the drug Semlopin is allowed only by decision of the doctor.
If necessary, treatment requires the termination of breastfeeding.
Method of administration and dosage
Semlopin is used internally.
The standard dose for hypertension in adults is 5-10 mg once a day. With insufficient effectiveness, it is possible to increase the dose to 10 mg once a day.
Symptoms: tachycardia, decreased blood pressure.
Treatment: withdrawal of the drug, gastric lavage in the first hours after ingestion, use of enterosorbents, monitoring and maintenance of the function of the cardiovascular system, lungs, control of the BCC, prescription of vasopressors, calcium gluconate.
- Metabolic disorders: hyperglycemia.
- Hematological disorders: thrombocytopenia, leukopenia.
- Mental disorders: depression, confusion, mood changes, anxiety, insomnia.
- Neurological disorders: extrapyramidal disorders, muscle hypertonicity, dizziness, tremors, drowsiness, headache, dysgeusia, paresthesia, hypesthesia, syncope, peripheral neuropathy.
- Ophthalmic disorders: blurred vision, double vision (diplopia).
- Cardiac disorders: arrhythmia (tachycardia, bradycardia, atrial flutter), frequent palpitations, myocardial infarction.
- Otolaryngological disorders: ringing in the ears (tinnitus).
- Digestive disorders: cholestasis, intestinal motility disorders, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea / constipation, dry mouth, vomiting, gastritis, pancreatitis, gingival hyperplasia, jaundice, hepatitis, increased liver enzymes.
- Respiratory disorders: cough, dyspnea, rhinitis.
- Vascular disorders: hypotension, hot flashes, vasculitis.
- Skin changes: rashes, itching, Quincke’s edema, skin discoloration, sweating, alopecia, purpura, exanthema, angioedema, urticaria, exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, erythema multiforme, photosensitivity.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: leg edema, muscle cramps, arthralgia, muscle pain, back pain.
- Genitourinary disorders: urinary disorders, nocturia, frequent urination, impotence, gynecomastia.
- Others: chest pain, swelling, fatigue, weight loss / gain.
Storage conditions and periods
Store at temperatures up to + 25 ° C for no more than 2 years.