Constipation caused by intestinal atony of various etiologies. Preparation for x-ray examinations.
Senadex Plus Composition and form of release
Main active ingredients: extract of senna leaves, which contain calcium salts of senosides A and B.
Auxiliary components: lactose, starch, croscarmellose sodium, cellulose, vanillin, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, calcium stearate.
Produced in the form of tablets, 70 mg of senna extract, 14 mg of senosides.
This pharmaceutical preparation belongs to the group of antrons – contact laxative drugs, which are created on the basis of substances of natural origin, glycosides of the senna plant.
Herbal preparation, extracted from a plant of the legume family. It has the property of affecting smooth muscle motility in the large intestine.
Once in the large intestine, under the influence of intestinal bacteria, antroglycosides are converted into a mixture of reduced forms of anthraquinones – anthrona and antranola. The latter are capable of causing irritation of interoreceptors in the large intestine, as a result, peristalsis increases, and the release of the intestines from feces is accelerated.
These substances also prevent the absorption of water and electrolyte substances from the intestine, increasing the fluid content in the intestine itself. As a result, the volume of stool increases, the filling and pressure in the intestines increase, which also helps to stimulate peristalsis and cleanse the intestines.
The laxative effect occurs after 6 to 12 hours.
If the drug is used for too long, then its effectiveness decreases, since the amount of potassium electrolyte in the body decreases.
Indications Senadex Plus
This drug is used to treat problems with bowel movements (constipation) that are caused by atony, regardless of the cause.
Also used during preparatory procedures in preparation for X-ray diagnostics.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
The use is contraindicated in patients suffering from:
- acute inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, nausea, vomiting;
- undiagnosed diseases of the digestive system, which may result from acute intestinal diseases and / or surgical interventions (diverticulitis, appendicitis, peritonitis, frequent diarrhea);
- intestinal obstruction / paralytic intestinal obstruction, hernia;
- organic liver damage;
- pain in the epigastrium of unknown etiology;
- bleeding of the gastrointestinal tract, gynecological, cystitis;
- severe violations of the water-salt balance (hypokalemia).
The drug should not be used in the treatment of children under 12 years of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug can be used with caution in the treatment of pregnant women, because can cause diarrhea, pain.
If it is necessary to administer the drug during breastfeeding, then lactation should be suspended for the duration of treatment.
Method of administration and dosage
This drug is administered in a dosage of 2 tablets 1 or 2 times a day (morning or morning and evening). Drink with plenty of liquid.
4 tablets per day is the maximum allowable daily dose.
Elderly patients start with 1 tablet once a day.
The dose as a whole should be minimally effective.
Overdose can cause diarrhea and, as a result, a violation of the water and electrolyte balance.
You may also experience:
- colic in the intestines;
- nausea, epigastric pain;
- convulsions, disruption of bowel function;
- vascular collapse;
- metabolic acidosis.
As a treatment, gastric lavage, rehydration, symptomatic therapy are recommended.
The drug can cause the following side effects (usually reversible, disappear after drug withdrawal), such as:
- anorexia, abdominal pain, diarrhea;
- nausea, vomiting, flatulence, atony of the large intestine, indigestion, colic (with drug abuse);
- urine staining red;
- proteinuria, hematuria;
- loss of electrolytes (more often – potassium), cardiac dysfunction, collapse, fatigue, muscle weakness, convulsions (with drug abuse);
- allergic reactions, including rash, itching, urticaria, local or generalized exanthema.
Storage conditions and periods Senadex Plus
The shelf life is up to 3 years.
Storage temperature – 25 ° С.