Major depressive episodes (RES), prevention of recurrence of RES, panic disorders with or without agoraphobia, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in adults and children 6-17 years, social anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: sertraline hydrochloride (50 mg).
Sertraloft is produced in the form of tablets.
It is an antidepressant. It is a powerful selective (selective) inhibitor of serotonin reuptake (5-HT), while not exerting sedative, stimulating, anticholinergic, cardiotoxic effects.
Sertraloft is shown:
- to treat, prevent recurrence of a major depressive episode;
- for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder;
- for the treatment of social phobia;
- for the treatment of panic disorder with / without agoraphobia;
- for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder;
- for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder.
Sertraloft is not used:
- with intolerance to the components;
- with simultaneous treatment with pimozide, non-selective, irreversible MAOIs;
- children under six years old.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Clinical data on use in pregnant women are limited. The drug is contraindicated in pregnant women, unless the need for its appointment has been proven (after considering all the risks and benefits). It is recommended to examine newborns whose mothers received the drug, especially in the third trimester (respiratory distress, hyperreflexia, apnea, cyanosis, seizures, temperature instability, difficulty in feeding, hypoglycemia, hypertension / hypotension, tremor, neurological symptoms, drowsiness may occur). The risk of developing persistent pulmonary hypertension in the newborn increases.
The active ingredient and its metabolite are excreted in milk in small quantities, therefore breastfeeding is not recommended.
Method of administration and dosage
Sertraloft is used orally, regardless of food.
The required dose is taken once a day.
The standard starting dose for depression, OCD is 50 mg / day; with panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, social anxiety disorder – 25 mg / day.
The dose can be increased, but not earlier than after a week of treatment, gradually increasing it by 50 mg with an interval of at least 1 week.
The maximum is 200 mg / day.
Dose adjustment is carried out no more than once a week.
Symptoms: drowsiness, tremors, gastrointestinal disturbances, tachycardia, agitation, dizziness, coma, prolongation of the Q-T interval, ventricular tachycardia of the “pirouette” type.
Therapeutic measures: gastric lavage, prescription of sorbents, support of the respiratory system, adequate oxygenation, monitoring of vital functions, ECG monitoring, symptomatic treatment.
- Cardiovascular disorders: tachycardia / bradycardia, orthostatic hypotension, prolongation of the QT interval.
- Immune disorders: allergic reactions.
- Endocrine disorders: violation of the secretion of antidiuretic hormone, decrease / increase in body weight.
- Psychiatric disorders: anxiety, abnormal dreams, anxiety, decreased libido, anorgasmia, teeth grinding, nervousness, agitation, panic attacks, aggression, depersonalization, confusion, mania, suicidal behavior / thoughts, hallucinations.
- Digestive disorders: decreased / increased appetite, anorexia, constipation / diarrhea, dry mouth, vomiting, stomach bleeding, rectal bleeding, hepatitis.
- Neurological disorders: insomnia, dizziness, drowsiness, paresthesia, taste disturbance, loss of consciousness, tremor, sleep disturbance, dyskinesia, serotonin syndrome, convulsions, movement disorders, psychomotor anxiety, akathisia.
- Ophthalmic disorders: blurred vision, dilated pupil.
- Otolaryngological disorders: ringing in the ears.
- Respiratory disorders: nosebleeds, sinusitis, yawning.
- Dermatological disorders: increased sweating, rashes, edema, bruising, baldness, itching, urticaria.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: myalgia, arthralgia.
- Laboratory abnormalities: thrombocytopenia, hyponatremia.
- Urinary disorders: urinary retention, impotence, ejaculation disorders, menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, galactorrhea, priapism.
- General: pyrexia, fatigue.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Sertraloft for no more than three years at temperatures up to +25 ° C.