Symptomatic treatment of pain and spasmodic conditions. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic agents.
Out of stock
Composition and form of release
The main active ingredients of the drug are nimesulide and dicyclomine hydrochloride.
The auxiliary substances are: lactose monohydrate, sodium croscarmellose, corn starch, colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide, calcium hydrogen phosphate, sodium starch glycolate, povidone, talc, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, etc.
It is produced in the form of tablets, 1 tablet contains 100 mg of nimesulide and 20 mg of dicyclomine hydrochloride.
This drug belongs to the combined non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic drugs.
It also produces an analgesic (analgesic) and antispasmodic effect due to the action of the substances in the drug – nimesulide and dicyclomine.
Nimesulide is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, a selective inhibitor of cyclooxygenase. It has anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic effects. It is able to inhibit the release of the enzyme myeloperoxidase, as well as to inhibit the formation of free oxygen radicals, without affecting the process of phagocytosis and chemotaxis, to inhibit necrosis of tumors and other mediators of inflammatory processes.
Dicyclomine hydrochloride (dicyclomine) is able to reduce the number of smooth muscle spasms in the gastrointestinal tract, is an antagonist of cholinergic, or muscarinic, receptors. Produces a direct effect on smooth muscle, probably being an antagonist of bradykinin and histamine.
This drug is used to eliminate the symptoms of pain and spasms.
It can be used as an analgesic and antispasmodic for pain and spasms of various origins, in particular due to:
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system – rheumatism, polyarthritis;
- surgical operations;
- gynecological diseases;
- headache, migraine;
- myalgia (muscle pain);
- colic – hepatic, renal, intestinal, bladder;
- dyskinesia of the biliary tract;
Not applicable if the patient has hypersensitivity (allergy) to one of the components that make up the drug.
Also does not apply if a person has:
- stomach ulcer or 12 duodenal ulcer in the acute stage;
- liver failure;
- with simultaneous treatment with hepatotoxic drugs;
- severe renal dysfunction;
- severe blood clotting disorders;
- severe heart failure;
- alcoholism, drug addiction;
- fever, flu or SARS;
- suspicion of surgical pathology.
It is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is contraindicated to use for the treatment of pregnant or nursing women. It can impair fertility, therefore it is not recommended for women who are planning a pregnancy.
Method of administration and dosage
This drug Sigan is taken orally, after a meal, with a sufficient amount of liquid.
Take 1 tablet 1-2 times a day, morning and evening.
It is permissible to take a maximum of 200 mg of nimesulide per day.
The maximum duration of the course of treatment is 5 days.
The elderly and those with mild to moderate renal impairment do not require dose adjustment.
You should not take the drug with creatinine clearance less than 30 ml per minute.
An overdose of the specified drug can cause symptoms such as:
- drowsiness, lethargy;
- nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain;
- gastrointestinal bleeding;
- arterial hypertension;
- acute renal failure;
- respiratory depression;
- anaphylactic reactions, coma.
At first, an overdose is characterized by a state of excitation of the patient’s central nervous system, then the phase of its depression comes, up to a coma.
Symptomatic therapy, peritoneal dialysis is recommended. Hemodialysis is not effective.
No antidote has been identified.
It is necessary to wash the stomach, take enterosorbents.
Therapy with this drug, in case of manifestations of a hypersensitivity reaction, can cause allergic reactions in the form of:
- rash, itching, erythema, dermatitis, angioedema, edema of the face, mucous membrane of the mouth,
- tongue, toxic epidermal necrolysis;
- dyspeptic symptoms – nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- gastritis, stomatitis, stomach ulcer, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- jaundice, hepatitis;
- drowsiness, headache, encephalopathy;
- anxiety, nervousness, nightmares;
- edema, dysuria, hematuria, urinary retention, oliguria, renal failure;
- anemia, eosinophilia, purpura, thrombocytopenia;
- anaphylactic shock;
- dyspnea, asthma, bronchospasm;
- tachycardia, arterial hypertension, hot flashes, collapse;
- asthenia, hypothermia;
- tachycardia, headache, paresthesia, dry mouth, thirst, urticaria, anorexia;
- muscle weakness, erectile dysfunction;
- diplopia, mydriasis, increased intraocular pressure, apnea, nasal congestion, redness of the throat;
- oppression of lactation.
If you have any unusual side effects as a result of taking this drug, you should consult your doctor about possible changes in the treatment regimen.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life of the drug is no more than 3 years from the production date indicated on the package.
Store in a dry place out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.