Treatment of type 2 diabetes in adults as an adjunct to diet and exercise: if insufficient use of the maximum tolerated dose of metformin alone is sufficient; if the use of metformin in combination with other medicines for diabetes does not provide sufficient glycemic control; if patients are already receiving treatment with the combination of emagliflosin and metformin as separate drugs. Concerning the results of a study of combinations, effects on glycemic control, and cardiovascular disease.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: metformin (1000 mg), empagliflozin (12.5 mg).
Sinjardi is produced in pill form.
This is a combined hypoglycemic (sugar-lowering) drug. It lowers the level of glycated hemoglobin, blood glucose (after meals and on an empty stomach), increases glucose tolerance. Reduces the production of glucose in the liver, increases tissue insulin sensitivity (increases the absorption of glucose and its metabolism). It does not affect the production of insulin by the pancreas. In addition, it normalizes fat metabolism.
Sinjardi is prescribed for type II diabetes mellitus (especially in the case of concomitant obesity) when diet therapy is ineffective.
Sinjardi is contraindicated:
- with hypersensitivity (intolerance to the components);
- with kidney pathology or renal failure;
- with a pronounced violation of the functional state of the liver;
- in conditions accompanied by hypoxia (lack of oxygen), incl. heart and respiratory failure, in the acute phase of myocardial infarction, acute cerebrovascular accident, anemia);
- with dehydration (dehydration);
- with infectious diseases;
- with extensive operations and injuries;
- with chronic alcoholism or acute alcohol intoxication;
- with acute / chronic metabolic acidosis, including diabetic ketoacidosis, lactic acidosis;
- if you follow a low-calorie diet (less than 1000 kcal / day);
- when conducting research using radioactive isotopes of iodine;
- during pregnancy;
- when breastfeeding.
Sinjardi is prescribed with caution to children, the elderly (over 65 years old), people doing hard physical work (there is a risk of developing lactic acidosis).
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is not recommended to take Sinjardi during pregnancy. In the case of planning a pregnancy or an identified pregnancy, treatment should be stopped immediately and switched to insulin therapy.
Breastfeeding should be discontinued during treatment.
Method of administration and dosage
Sinjardi is administered orally (by mouth) during or after meals.
The initial dose is one tablet 2 times a day.
After 10-15 days, the dose is adjusted according to the results of the glycemic profile.
The maximum recommended dose is 3000 mg of metformin per day.
Symptoms: the development of lactic acidosis (dryness of the tongue, mucous membranes, skin, muscle pain, chest pain, dyspeptic symptoms, rapid breathing, apathy, insomnia / drowsiness, cardiovascular failure, vomiting, abdominal pain, neurological disorders, noisy breathing, development of collapse, oligoanuria / anuria, DIC).
Treatment: symptomatic therapy, hemodialysis.
- Digestive disorders: lack of appetite, nausea, diarrhea / constipation, abdominal pain, vomiting.
- Metabolic disorders: lactic acidosis, B12 hypovitaminosis, megaloblastic anemia, hypoglycemia.
- Neurological disorders: taste disturbance.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: liver dysfunction, hepatitis.
- Changes in the skin, subcutaneous tissue: erythema, itching, urticaria, edema.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Sinjardi tablets at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. The expiration date is indicated on the packaging (3 years). Do not take tablets after the expiration date.