Cervical ectopia, transformation zone, Ovula Nabothi (after autopsy), cervical canal polyps, postoperative granulomas (eg, after hysterectomy). Preparations for use in gynecology.
1 ml of solution contains
active substances: nitric acid 70% ˗ 537.0 mg, acetic acid 99% ˗ 20.4 mg, oxalic acid dihydrate ˗ 58.6 mg, zinc nitrate hexahydrate ˗ 6.00 mg;
excipient: purified water.
Solkovagin is a combined drug for the local treatment of benign cervical lesions. Due to its composition, Solkovagin acts differently on different types of cervical epithelium. After application of the drug to the erosion and transformation zone Solkovagin causes immediate lifetime fixation of the ectopic cylindrical epithelium and subepithelial stroma.
Multilayered squamous epithelium is quite resistant to the drug and is virtually unchanged. The fixation process takes only a few minutes and is accompanied by a pale yellow or gray color of the fabric. Necrotized tissue is a protective layer, under which the formation of multilayered squamous epithelium occurs again.
After a few days, the necrotized epithelium peels off.
Cervical ectopia, transformation zone, Ovula Nabothi (after autopsy), cervical polyps, postoperative granulomas (eg, after hysterectomy).
Hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug. Solkovagin is contraindicated in patients with malignant tumors of the cervix and cell dysplasia.
Features of application
Solkovagin’s contact with the skin of the external genitalia or vaginal epithelium should be avoided. It is not recommended to apply the solution on irritated tissues. In case of pain, treatment should be stopped immediately.
Warning! Improper use of Solkovagin (usually excessive application, overdose) can cause burns of the mucous membrane and damage to the underlying tissues.
Solkovagin is a drug that contains concentrated acids, so it is necessary to avoid contact of the solution with clothing, skin and especially the mucous membrane of the eye.
In case of incorrect use, the solution should be removed immediately with a damp cotton swab. In case of accidental contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water or a neutralizing solution such as 1% sodium bicarbonate solution.
Use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
The drug is contraindicated during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Ability to influence the speed of reaction when driving a car or working with other mechanisms
No studies have been performed.
Method of application and dosage
The drug is intended only for topical use should be applied only by a gynecologist. During the procedure, only the affected area should be treated to avoid getting the solution on the skin of the external genitalia and vaginal epithelium.
1. Clean the cervix of secretions with a cotton swab. Treatment of the cervix with a 3% solution of acetic acid makes it possible to more clearly define the extent of the lesion.
2. Impregnate a cotton swab wound on a wooden stick with Solkovagin’s solution. Treat the affected area.
3. After 1-2 minutes, repeat the treatment with a new cotton swab dipped in Solkovagin solution.
4. Solkovagin treatment is carried out on an outpatient basis and does not involve any restrictions in the reception of water treatments and in sexual life.
5. In the treatment of large in size and deep enough erosion after the first course, it is recommended to monitor and repeat the treatment in 4-6 days.
6. The patient should come back for a follow-up examination 4 weeks after treatment. If the results of the examination are unsatisfactory, it is necessary to repeat the course of treatment (2 applications) and then appoint a new follow-up visit in 4 weeks.
The order of use and destruction of packaging.
1. Open the vial cap.
2. Impregnate a cotton swab.
3. After use, put a cotton swab in a vial and break a wooden stick.
4. Close the vial with a rubber stopper to prevent any residue of Solkovagin’s solution from getting on the surrounding objects, then throw it in the rubbish bin.
The drug should not be used in children, as efficacy and safety have not been established for this category of patients.
Applying excessive amounts can cause burning and itching.
Improper application, such as accidental contact with the skin of the external genitalia or vagina, can cause burning, pain and itching. Improper use (especially excessive application) can cause damage to the underlying tissues.
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C in an upright position. Keep out of reach of children.
The drug has a corrosive effect, store in a safe place.
The possible formation of a crystalline precipitate is a consequence of temperature fluctuations (for example, a decrease in temperature during transportation). Short-term heating (1-2 minutes) to 40 ° C dissolves the precipitate.