Drugs acting on the nervous system. Psychoanaleptics. Psychostimulants, drugs for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and nootropic drugs. Other psychostimulants and nootropic drugs.
Somazina (citicoline) oral solution 100 mg/ml. 30 ml. vial
active substance: citicoline (as sodium salt);
1 ml of solution contains citicoline in the form of sodium salt 100 mg;
Excipients: sorbitol (E 420), glycerin, methylparaben (E 218), propylparaben (E 216), sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, strawberry essence 1487-S, potassium sorbate, citric acid (adjustment to pH 6), purified water.
Solution for oral administration.
Main physical and chemical properties: clear and colorless to slightly yellowish solution.
Drugs acting on the nervous system. Psychoanaleptics. Psychostimulants, drugs for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and nootropic drugs. Other psychostimulants and nootropic drugs. Citicoline.
ATX code N06B X06.
This pharmaceutical product belongs to the drug group of psychostimulant nootropics, the citicoline class, which are used to improve the cognitive functions of the brain.
The main active ingredient is citicoline, a substance that is analogous to a natural nucleoside, a phosphatidylcholine precursor. Also related to other phospholipids that are part of cell membranes.
Studies have shown that citicoline has the ability to improve cerebral circulation, increases the efficiency of oxygen supply to brain cells. As a result, cerebral metabolism is normalized, the work of the brain improves.
Citicoline is also an active donor of organic choline compounds, which are used in the metabolic process in the synthesis of acetylcholines (neurotransmitters, thanks to which neuromuscular transmission of nerve impulses is carried out).
It protects, restores and improves the functioning of the cell membranes of neurons, produces a decongestant effect on the brain, and prevents the release of free radicals. The use of the drug helps to reduce the recovery period after traumatic brain injury, strokes, and other disorders of the brain.
This drug Somazina oral solution is used to treat diseases associated with brain disorders. In particular, they are prescribed for:
- cognitive, sensory, movement disorders;
- in the acute phase of cerebral circulation disorders (strokes);
- therapy of the consequences of cerebrovascular accident;
- craniocerebral trauma, both in the acute and in the recovery period;
- with encephalopathy of various origins, degenerative diseases of the brain;
- prolonged coma;
- complications after surgery on the brain (edema);
- parkinsonism (can be used in combination with anticholinergics, if it is impossible to prescribe levodopa).
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or one of the auxiliary components.
It is also contraindicated to use with increased tone of the parasympathetic nervous system.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug can be used in the treatment of pregnant women only with careful weighing of the benefit / harm ratio.
If it is necessary to take the drug during breastfeeding, then lactation should be suspended during treatment.
Method of administration and dosage
The Somazina solution is applied orally, regardless of food intake, for which 1 sachet should be dissolved in 100 ml of liquid.
Recommended dosages are from 500 to 2 thousand mg per day (1-4 sachets). The prescribed dose depends on the severity of the symptoms, the severity of the course of the disease, and the individual reaction to the drug.
When applying, you should use a dosing syringe to measure the required dosage.
Elderly patients, as well as patients with hepatic and / or renal insufficiency, do not need dosage adjustment.
Overdose has not been recorded at the moment.
In case of accidental overdose, it is theoretically possible to increase the side effects.
In this case, symptomatic therapy is recommended.
Possible side effects:
- allergic reactions – rash, itching, urticaria, hyperemia, exanthema, purpura, Quincke’s edema (angioedema), anaphylactic shock;
- severe headache, vertigo, hallucinations, insomnia, depression, epileptic seizures;
- arterial hypertension, arterial hypotension, tachycardia;
- shortness of breath, cough, runny nose;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, steatorrhea, constipation, stomach pain, hypersalivation;
- hyperemia, fever, chills, growth retardation edema;
- “Fishy smell” from the body.
If these side effects or not described in this instruction appear, you should consult your doctor.