Hypertension, chronic stable angina, vasospastic angina (Prinzmetal angina). Selective calcium antagonists with a predominant effect on blood vessels. Dihydropyridine derivatives.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: amlodipine.
Stamlo is produced in the form of tablets of 10 mg.
It is an antagonist of calcium ions. The drug blocks the flow of Ca ions through the L-type channels (slow calcium channels) of the membranes into the cells of the smooth muscle fibers of the heart and blood vessels. Thus, providing a direct relaxing effect on vascular smooth muscles, it helps to reduce blood pressure. It also reduces ischemia (insufficient blood supply to tissues) in angina pectoris, reducing energy consumption, their need for oxygen.
Stamlo is used:
- with arterial hypertension;
- with chronic stable angina pectoris;
- with vasospastic (Prinzmetal) angina pectoris.
You can not appoint Stamlo:
- with known sensitivity to amlodipine, dihydropyridines;
- with arterial hypotension of severe degree;
- in shock (including cardiogenic shock);
- with obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricle (for example, severe aortic stenosis);
- with unstable angina pectoris;
- within 8 days after the acute phase of myocardial infarction.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The safety of using the drug during these periods has not been established.
The use of Stamlo tablets is only allowed in cases where there is no safer alternative.
In animal studies, a negative effect of the drug on reproductive function was observed.
Method of administration and dosage
Stamlo is administered orally (inside).
The standard dose for adults with arterial hypertension is 5-10 mg x 1 time / day. In case of insufficient effectiveness, an increase in the dose to 10 mg x1 times / day is allowed.
The standard dose for children from 6 years of age with arterial hypertension is 2.5–5 mg x 1 time / day.
Overdose symptoms: prolonged decrease in blood pressure, tachycardia.
Treatment: carrying out measures aimed at maintaining the function of the cardiovascular system, monitoring the work of the heart / lungs, controlling the BCC, diuresis, prescribing vasopressors, administering calcium gluconate. Dialysis is ineffective.
- Disturbances from the blood, lymphatic system: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
- Metabolic disorders: hyperglycemia.
- Mental disorders: depression, mood changes, anxiety, confusion, insomnia.
- Neurological disorders: hypertonicity, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, tremor, dysgeusia, hypesthesia, syncope, paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy, extrapyramidal disorders.
- Perceptual disorders: visual impairment, including double vision (diplopia).
- Hearing disorders, labyrinth: tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
- Cardiac disorders: rapid heartbeat, arrhythmia (including tachycardia, bradycardia, atrial flutter), myocardial infarction.
- Vascular disorders: hot flashes, hypotension, vasculitis.
- Respiratory disorders: dyspnea, cough, rhinitis.
- Digestive disorders: abdominal pain, nausea, intestinal motility disorders, diarrhea / constipation, vomiting, gastritis, dry mouth, pancreatitis, jaundice, hepatitis, gingival hyperplasia, increased liver enzymes, cholestasis.
- Skin changes: itching, Quincke’s edema, rashes, skin discoloration, alopecia, purpura, sweating, exanthema, urticaria, angioedema, exfoliative dermatitis, erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, photosensitivity.
- Changes in the musculoskeletal system: swelling of the legs, arthralgia, muscle pain, muscle cramps, back pain.
- Disorders of the genitourinary system: urinary disorders, nocturia, frequent urination.
- Reproductive disorders: gynecomastia, impotence.
- Others: swelling, fatigue, chest pain, weight loss / gain.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Stamlo at temperatures up to 25 ° C for no more than 3 years.