Infections of the oral cavity, including candidiasis; as an adjuvant for the prevention and treatment of gingivitis; in the treatment of sore throat and recurrent aphthous ulcers; to eliminate bad breath; before and after surgery in dentistry.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: hexetidine (1 mg / ml).
Stomolik is produced in the form of a solution for local use.
It is an antiseptic agent for local use in dentistry, otorhinolaryngology. Has antimicrobial effect. The mechanism of action is associated with the ability to suppress oxidative reactions in the cycle of metabolism of microbial cells. It has an antibacterial effect against gram-negative, gram-positive bacteria, antifungal effect. Has a weak analgesic effect on the mucous membrane.
Stomolik is used for inflammatory and infectious diseases of the oropharyngeal cavity:
- with angina (including angina with damage to the lateral ridges, Plaut-Vincent’s angina);
- with gingivitis, bleeding gums;
- with periodontopathy;
- with pharyngitis;
- with stomatitis;
- with aphthous ulcers (in order to prevent superinfection);
- with glossitis;
- with infection of the alveoli after tooth extraction;
- with fungal infections of the oropharyngeal cavity, especially candidal stomatitis;
- for additional oral hygiene;
- before and after surgery in the oral cavity, pharynx;
- to eliminate bad breath, especially in decaying tumors of the oropharyngeal cavity.
Stomolik is contraindicated:
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with atrophic pharyngitis;
- in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- children under five.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Stomolik during pregnancy is possible if, in the opinion of the attending physician, the expected positive effect on the health of the mother outweighs the possible risk to the fetus.
It is recommended to avoid using this medication during breastfeeding.
Method of administration and dosage
Stomolik is applied topically (after a meal).
For rinsing, use a diluted preparation. Frequency rate of application – twice a day (morning and evening).
The solution must not be swallowed – it should be spit out after rinsing.
In case of diseases of the oral cavity, throat in adults, children over 5 years old, it is recommended to rinse the mouth with undiluted solution in the amount of 10-15 ml (corresponds to one tablespoon) for 30 seconds.
In the treatment of some diseases of the oral cavity, it is allowed to apply the solution with a tampon.
The duration of treatment is set individually.
If the symptoms of the disease do not decrease after five days of using the solution and / or are accompanied by a fever, a doctor’s consultation is required.
Overdose is unlikely. If a large amount of the solution is accidentally swallowed, nausea and vomiting may occur.
Treatment: gastric lavage, the appointment of symptomatic therapy.
- Immune disorders: manifestations of allergies, including skin rashes, urticaria, angioedema, pruritus, laryngospasm, bronchospasm.
urological disorders: ageusia, dysgeusia.
- Respiratory disorders: cough, shortness of breath.
- Digestive disorders: dry mouth, enlarged salivary glands, dysphagia, pain when swallowing. If the solution is accidentally swallowed, gastrointestinal upset may occur.
- Dermatological disorders: contact dermatitis.
- Others: change (temporary) in the color of the tongue and teeth, increased sensitivity of the oral mucosa, numbness, burning sensation, irritation (soreness, itching, sensation of heat) of the tongue and / or oral mucosa, decreased sensitivity, paresthesia of the mucous membrane, inflammation, blister rash, ulcerative lesions.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Stomolik in its original packaging at a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C. The maximum shelf life of this pharmaceutical product is two years from the date of manufacture.