Dry mimicking an atopic fever coughing.
active substance: butamirate citrate, guaifenesin;
1 tablet contains: butamirate citrate 4 mg, guaifenesin 100 mg;
Excipients: colloidal anhydrous silica, mannitol (E 421), microcrystalline cellulose, glycerol tribegenate, magnesium stearate.
Main physical and chemical properties: round tablets, white with a fracture line on one side.
Combined drug that has antitussive, mucolytic and expectorant action. Butamirate citrate belongs to the non-opioid antitussives of peripheral action. It has a local anesthetic effect on nerve endings that transmit upward signals of irritation from the respiratory tract. Unlike opioid antitussives, it does not cause a central inhibitory effect, does not depress the respiratory center, does not cause dependence.
The antitussive effect of citrate butamirate is complemented by the expectorant effect of guaifenesin. Guaifenesin has secretolytic (by directly enhancing the secretion of bronchial glands and stimulating the elimination of acidic glycoproteins from acinar cells) and secretomotor properties (reduces the viscosity of sputum and facilitates the evacuation of mucus and its cough).
Dry irritable paroxysmal cough of various origins.
Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, myasthenia gravis.
Method of application and dosage
Adhere to the dosage depending on the patient’s body weight:
- up to 50 kg – ½ tablets 4 times a day;
- 50-70 kg – 1 tablet 3 times a day;
- 70-90 kg – 1 and ½ tablets 3 times a day;
- from 90 kg – 2 tablets 3 times a day.
The interval between separate receptions should make 4-6 hours. The tablet can be divided in half.
The drug is recommended to use after a meal, drinking plenty of fluids (water, tea, juice).
The drug should be used in children over 12 years of age in accordance with the indications (doses and method of application are given in the section “Method of administration and doses”).
Overdose is dominated by signs of toxic effects of guaifenesin – drowsiness, muscle weakness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, hypotension. X-ray negative urolithiasis is possible.
There is no specific antidote.
Treatment: gastric lavage, use of activated charcoal, symptomatic therapy aimed at maintaining the functions of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, renal function and electrolyte balance.
If you follow the recommended dosage, patients tolerate the drug well. Side effects usually disappear after reducing the dose.
- Metabolic disorders: lack of appetite.
- From the nervous system: headache, drowsiness.
- From the respiratory system: shortness of breath.
- Hearing impairment and vestibular disorders: dizziness.
- From the gastrointestinal tract: discomfort in the digestive system, nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea. If you experience stomach discomfort or other unusual effects, stop using the drug and consult a doctor.
- From the skin and subcutaneous tissue: allergic reactions, including anaphylactic shock, angioneurotic edema, skin rash, itching, urticaria, exanthema.
- From the urinary system: urolithiasis.
Store in the original package at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C out of reach of children.