Symptomatic treatment of cerebrovascular disorders, including dizziness, tinnitus, headache of vascular origin, irritability, memory loss and inability to concentrate; prevention of migraines. Symptomatic treatment of peripheral vascular disorders, including Raynaud’s disease, acrocyanosis, intermittent claudication, trophic disorders, trophic and varicose ulcers, paraesthesia, nocturnal spasms in the extremities, cold extremities. Symptomatic treatment of labyrinthine disorders, including dizziness, tinnitus, nystagmus, nausea and vomiting.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: cinnarizine.
Stugeron is produced in the form of tablets (25 mg).
It is a blocker of slow calcium channels. The drug reduces the flow of calcium into cells, reducing its content in the plasmolemma depot. At the same time, the tone of smooth muscle fibers of arterioles decreases, the vasodilator effect of carbon dioxide increases.
It also reduces the reaction of blood vessels to nutrients (norepinephrine, adrenaline, dopamine, vasopressin, angiotensin, serotonin). Shows weak antihistamine activity, reduces the excitability of the vestibular apparatus, as well as the tone of the sympathetic nervous system.
Stugeron is prescribed:
- for the treatment of disorders of cerebrovascular origin (tinnitus, dizziness, irritability, memory loss, concentration, headache);
- with vestibular symptoms (dizziness, nystagmus, nausea of labyrinthine origin, Meniere’s disease, tinnitus);
- for the prevention of “road sickness” (kinetosis), such as motion sickness and air sickness;
to prevent migraine attacks;
- with violations of peripheral circulation (“intermittent” claudication, paresthesia, diabetic angiopathy, acrocyanosis, night cramps, coldness in the extremities, Raynaud’s disease, thrombophlebitis);
- with trophic disorders (trophic ulcers, varicose ulcers).
Stugeron cannot be prescribed:
- with allergies to components;
- when breastfeeding;
- children under 5 years old.
Stugeron is used with caution in Parkinson’s disease.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The drug can be prescribed as needed.
There is no data on the penetration of cinnarizine into the mother’s milk, so breastfeeding is stopped.
Method of administration and dosage
Stugeron is used orally (after meals).
- for circulatory disorders of the brain, 25-50 mg three times a day are shown;
- for vestibular disorders, 25 mg is shown three times a day;
- in violation of peripheral circulation, 50–75 mg is shown three times a day;
- with kinetosis – 25 mg half an hour before the trip (for adults), if necessary, repeat the intake after 6 hours, maximum – 225 mg / day: for children from 5 to 12 years old – half the adult dose.
The drug can cause drowsiness, so it is recommended to avoid alcohol intake, be careful when taking with drugs that depress the central nervous system.
Due to the fact that the drug has an antihistamine effect, it can affect the results of the anti-doping test in athletes (gives a false-positive result), neutralize positive reactions with skin diagnostic tests (treatment must be canceled 4 days before the study).
Symptoms: vomiting, drowsiness, impaired consciousness, tremors, drop in blood pressure.
In case of an overdose, it is required to wash the stomach, and then take activated charcoal.
Treatment is symptomatic.
- Neurological disorders: drowsiness, headache, fatigue, extrapyramidal disorders (increased muscle tone, limb tremor, hypokinesia), depression.
- Digestive disorders: dry mouth, dyspepsia, pain in the supra-gastric region, cholestatic jaundice.
- Changes in the skin: the development of lupus-like syndrome, sweating, lichen planus, skin rash.
- Others: weight gain, allergic reactions.
Storage conditions and periods
Stugeron must be stored in compliance with the temperature regime (15-30 ° C), the shelf life is 5 years.