Short-term symptomatic treatment of adult anxiety in cases where conventional therapeutic measures have failed. Serious behavioral disorders (agitation (anxiety-arousal), self-harm, stereotype) in children from the age of 6 years, especially in patients with autistic syndromes.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: sulpiride (200 mg).
Sulpiride is produced in capsule form.
It is an antipsychotic agent. It has moderate neuroleptic activity, as well as thymoleptic and stimulating effect. It is a selective (selective) antagonist of serotonin and dopamine. In addition, it exhibits antiemetic (antiemetic) action.
Sulpiride is used:
- for short-term symptomatic treatment of anxiety conditions in adults in cases where standard therapeutic measures have not worked;
- with serious behavioral disorders (agitation, stereotypy, self-harm) in children from six years of age, especially in patients with autistic syndromes.
Sulpiride does not apply:
- if you are allergic to sulpiride;
- with intolerance to excipients;
- with pheochromocytoma;
- with acute porphyria;
- with concomitant prolactin-dependent tumors (for example, prolactinoma), breast cancer;
- with concomitant treatment with antiparkinsonian dopamine agonists (rotigotine, cabergoline, kinagolide), levodopa, antiparkinsonian drugs (ropinorol), mechitazine, citalopram, escitalopram.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
For oral use.
In this dosage form to prescribe only to adult patients.
The minimum effective dose should always be prescribed. If the patient’s clinical condition allows, treatment should be started at a low dose, after which a gradual dose titration is possible.
The daily dose is 200-1000 mg.
Children. The drug in this dosage form should be prescribed only for adult patients.
Symptoms: dizziness, depression of consciousness of varying severity, arterial hypotension, collapse, extrapyramidal disorders.
Therapeutic measures: gastric lavage, the appointment of sorbents, support of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, control of electrolyte balance, regulation of the acid-base state.
- Neurological disorders: extrapyramidal disorders (hypertension, tremor, rigidity, hypersalivation, hypokinesia, akathisia, dyskinesia), acute dystonia (oculogyric crisis, spastic torticollis, trismus, etc.), drowsiness, tardive dyskinesia (involuntary movements of the tongue, muscles , insomnia, frigidity, anxiety, agitation, neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
- Digestive disorders: dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, constipation.
- Endocrine disorders: hyperprolactinemia (galactorrhea, amenorrhea, gynecomastia, erectile dysfunction, chest pain).
- Metabolic disorders: weight gain, hyperglycemia.
- Laboratory tests: increasing the level of liver enzymes.
- Immune disorders: allergic manifestations.
- Cardiovascular disorders: bradycardia, arterial hypotension, lengthening of the Q-T interval, ventricular arrhythmias (including torsades de pointes, tachycardia, fibrillation, cardiac arrest), sudden coronary death, venous thromboembolism, PE, deep vein thrombosis.
- Hematological disorders: leukopenia, neutropenia, agranulocytosis.
- Dermatological disorders: angioedema, urticaria.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Sulpiride in its original manufacturing container. Optimal temperature conditions: up to +25 degrees. It is good for three years after production (see the date on the packaging).