Tantum Verde is used for: symptomatic treatment of oropharyngeal inflammation; pain due to gingivitis, stomatitis, pharyngitis; in dentistry after tooth extraction or with a preventive measure.
active substance: benzydamine hydrochloride;
1 lollipop contains benzydamine hydrochloride 3 mg (equivalent to 2.68 mg of benzydamine);
excipients: isomalt (E 953); aspartame (E 951); levomenthol; citric acid, monohydrate; lemon flavor; peppermint flavor; quinoline yellow (E 104); indigotine (E 132).
Main physical and chemical properties: green square lollipops with a recess in the middle, with a characteristic mint-lemon taste; lollipops should not stick to waxed paper.
Tantum Verde is a disinfectant for topical (oropharyngeal) use.
Benzidamine is a substance from the group of indazoles. Has anti-inflammatory, local analgesic, antiseptic action against a wide range of microorganisms. The mechanism of action is associated with the ability to stabilize cell membranes, inhibit the production of prostaglandins. The drug has antibacterial, specific antimicrobial action by rapid penetration through the membranes of microorganisms with subsequent damage to intracellular structures, disruption of metabolic processes, cell disintegration. Also has antifungal effects against Candida albicans. Causes structural modifications of the cell wall of fungi, their metabolic chains, thus preventing their reproduction.
Tantum Verde is prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of pain in inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity, ENT organs of various origins:
- with gingivitis (inflammation of the gums), glossitis (inflammation of the tongue), stomatitis (inflammatory processes in the oral cavity), including after chemotherapy, radiation therapy;
- with pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx), laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx), tonsillitis (inflammation of the tonsils);
- with candidiasis (fungus) of the oral mucosa;
- with calculous (with the formation of stones) inflammation of the salivary glands;
- after injuries, surgical interventions (fracture of the jaw, tonsillectomy);
- after dental treatment, tooth extraction;
- in periodontitis.
Do not use Tantum Verde:
- at an allergy to benzydamine, intolerance of auxiliary components;
- at the age of up to three years.
It is used with caution in case of allergic sensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid, other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, bronchial asthma (including in the past).
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Method of application and dose
Method of application and dosage
Lollipops should be slowly absorbed in the mouth.
Adults and children over 6 years: one lollipop 3 times a day.
Lollipops should not be swallowed. Do not chew lollipops.
The course of treatment should not exceed 7 days.
Children. This dosage form is used for children over 6 years of age.
Children aged 6-11 years use this drug under adult supervision.
Accidental ingestion of the drug may include the following symptoms: abdominal cramps, vomiting, anxiety, hallucinations, fear, convulsions, fever, ataxia (incoordination), palpitations, respiratory depression.
Treatment of overdose: clean the stomach by inducing vomiting or lavage using a gastric tube (under medical supervision), using enterosorbents (eg activated charcoal), and provide medical supervision, symptomatic and supportive therapy, and necessary hydration.
- Local reactions: dry mouth, burning in the mouth, numbness in the mouth.
- Allergic reactions: photosensitization (sensitivity to the sun), skin rash, angioneurotic edema, itchy skin, laryngospasm, anaphylactic reactions, up to the development of shock.
Conditions and terms of storage
At 15–25 ° С. The shelf life of the spray is 4 years.