Iron deficiency (hypochromic) anemia. Prevention of iron deficiency anemia in women during pregnancy, when adequate intake of iron together with food cannot be ensured.
Composition and form of release
Tardiferon is available in the form of long-acting tablets.
Active ingredients: iron sulfate (corresponds to 80 mg of iron II).
Tardiferon is an iron preparation. Makes up for the lack of iron in the body, which plays an important role in transport, oxygen binding.
Tardiferon is used:
- for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia.
- for the prevention of iron deficiency in women during pregnancy (if it is impossible to ensure sufficient iron intake with food).
Do not use Tardiferon:
- with allergies to components;
- with intestinal obstruction;
- with stenosis (narrowing) of the esophagus, other obstructive diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- with intestinal diverticulum;
- in conditions accompanied by iron accumulation (hemochromatosis, hemosiderosis);
- at sideroahrestichesky anemia;
- with thrombosis, propensity to thrombosis;
- at repeated blood transfusion;
- at disturbance of mechanisms of inclusion of iron in hemoglobin (for example, at lead poisoning);
- in thrombophlebitis;
- in severe kidney disease;
- at frustration of the mechanism of removal of iron (thalassemia);
- in diabetes mellitus;
- with the simultaneous use of other iron preparations;
- in other types of anemia, not due to iron deficiency (caused by vitamin B12 deficiency, hemolytic anemia);
- with urolithiasis.
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Method of application and dose
The drug is used for adults or children from 7 years. The tablet should be swallowed whole, without chewing, with a glass of water, 30 minutes before a meal.
To prevent iron deficiency anemia – 1 tablet / day. For treatment – 1 tablet x2 times / day.
During pregnancy / lactation: 1 tablet / day.
The duration of intake depends on the level of iron in the blood.
In case of adverse reactions, the dose should be reduced or discontinued.
After normalization of the hemoglobin level, the drug should be continued until the iron stores are saturated (several months).
Signs of overdose: loose stools, abdominal pain, vomiting, bloody stools, metabolic acidosis, drowsiness, shock, dehydration, tachycardia, hypotension, hyperglycemia, black stools. In severe cases – vascular insufficiency, coagulation disorders, hyperthermia, hepatic / renal failure, hypoglycemia, convulsions, liver cirrhosis, coma, perforation of the gastrointestinal tract, stenosis of the pylorus.
Treatment of overdose: gastric lavage, then enter 50-100 ml of water with the addition of deferoxamine. It is recommended to drink milk. At heavy poisoning it is necessary to begin intensive therapy, to apply deferoxamine.
The following reactions are possible: stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea / constipation, esophageal stenosis, heartburn, esophageal ulcers, allergic reactions (anaphylaxis, itching, redness of the skin, Quincke’s edema), urate / cystine / oxalate stones, damage to the glomerular apparatus , diabetes mellitus, increase in arterial pressure, damage of the insular device (glucosuria, hyperglycemia), myocardial dystrophy, thrombocytosis, erythrocytopenia, neutrophilic leukocytosis, hyperprothrombinemia, sleep disturbance, excitability, hemolysis of erythrocytes.
Conditions and terms of storage
To store no more than 3 years at a temperature to 25 ° C.