For the treatment of cognitive disorders due to brain dysfunction, including primary degenerative dementia, vascular dementia and mixed forms, with the following major symptoms: memory impairment, decreased attention, depressive mood, dizziness, tinnitus and headache; to increase the distance that the patient can overcome without pain in the framework of physiotherapy procedures, namely, in the exercise training for disorders of arterial peripheral circulation of the second degree Fontaine (painful convulsions, intermittent claudication, paraesthesia of the lower extremities, etc.); dizziness, noise in the ears of vascular and involutional origin.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: Ginkgo biloba L. leaves dry extract (120 mg).
Tebokan is produced in the form of tablets.
It is a herbal remedy that normalizes cell metabolism. It also improves the rheological properties of blood, microcirculation, cerebral circulation, delivery of glucose and oxygen to the brain. Prevents aggregation of erythrocytes, inhibits platelet activating factor. In addition, it reveals a regulatory effect on the vascular system (dose-dependent), stimulates the production of an endothelium-dependent dilating factor, increases venous tone, dilates small arteries, regulating blood circulation in the vessels. Reduces the permeability of the vascular wall, has an antithrombotic effect, prevents the formation of free radicals, lipid peroxidation of cell membranes. Normalizes re-absorption, catabolism, release of neurotransmitters (dopamine, norepinephrine, acetylcholine), their ability to bind to receptors. It improves metabolism in tissues, has an antihypoxic effect, helps to increase the utilization of oxygen, glucose, accumulation of macroergs in cells, and normalizes mediator processes in the brain.
Tebokan is applied:
- with neurosensory deficiency of various origins (diabetic retinopathy, senile macular degeneration);
- with cognitive deficits of various origins (traumatic brain injury, discirculatory encephalopathy after a stroke, old age), which is manifested by a decrease in intellectual abilities, impaired attention, memory, fear, sleep disturbance);
- with intermittent claudication as a result of chronic obliterating arteriopathies of the lower extremities (grade II according to Fontaine);
- with visual impairment of vascular origin, a decrease in its acuity;
- with hearing impairment, vertigo, tinnitus, impaired coordination of vascular genesis;
- with Raynaud’s syndrome.
Do not use Tebokan in case of hypersensitivity to ginkgo biloba extract, any component of the drug.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Tebokan is used internally.
The standard dose is one tablet 1-2 times / day. The average duration of treatment is 3 months.
For cognitive impairments – one tablet 1-2 times / day. The duration of treatment is at least eight weeks.
For peripheral occlusive arterial disease, dizziness of vascular / involutional origin – one tablet 1-2 times / day. The duration of treatment is at least eight weeks.
With dizziness, the duration of treatment is no more than 6–8 weeks, with tinnitus – at least 12 weeks.
No data available. There may be an increase in the manifestations of side effects. In case of an overdose, symptomatic treatment is prescribed.
- Neurological disorders: headache, fainting (including vasovagal), dizziness.
- Digestive disorders: dyspeptic symptoms, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea.
- Immune disorders: angioedema, shortness of breath, urticaria, rashes.
- Dermatological disorders: itching, skin inflammation, edema, redness, rash, eczema.
- Others: hemorrhages (in the eye, gastrointestinal, in the brain).
Storage conditions and periods
Store Tebokan in undamaged packaging for no more than 5 years from the date of manufacture.