Hypertension. Treatment of essential hypertension in adults. Prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Reducing the incidence of cardiovascular disease in patients with: manifest atherothrombotic cardiovascular disease (ischemic heart disease, stroke or peripheral artery lesions in history); type II diabetes with documented target organ damage.
Composition and form of release
The main active ingredient: telmisartan, hydrochlorothiazide.
Auxiliary components: meglumine, sodium hydroxide, povidone, lactose, sorbitol, magnesium stearate, mannitol, hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, silicon dioxide, etc.
It is produced and sold in the form of tablets, 40 mg of telmisartan and 12.5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide.
This drug belongs to the group of selective angiotensin antagonists used in the treatment of hypertension, which have a major effect on blood vessels.
The main active ingredients are telmisartan, hydrochlorothiazide.
Telmisartan is a potent non-peptide antagonist of type II angiotensin receptors.
Able to actively influence the pathogenesis of increased pressure in the arteries. Able to block the ability of angiotensins to block blood vessels. Enhances the conduction of nerve impulses, which reduces the activity of the CNS, improves renal blood flow.
The action of the substance lasts for 24 hours, and its abrupt withdrawal does not cause side effects.
Hydrochlorothiazide has the ability to affect the way electrolytes are retained inside the renal tubules, also helping to increase the release of potassium ions and bicarbonates.
The drug increases the activity of renin in the blood plasma, also activating the secretion of aldesterone, lowering the content of potassium ions in the blood.
It is used in the treatment of arterial hypertension.
The drug in question is contraindicated in cases where the patient has a pronounced hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
Also contraindicated in:
- hypotension, shock;
- heart failure due to myocardial infarction;
- anuria, severe renal or hepatic failure;
- hypokalemia, hypercalcemia or hyponatremia, symptomatic hyperuricemia (gout).
When used concomitantly with any other drugs should inform your doctor.
The safety and effectiveness of the drug in children under 12 years of age have not been established, so the drug can be prescribed to this category of patients only after a careful assessment of the risk / benefit ratio (as prescribed by a doctor).
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
This drug is not recommended for use in pregnant women.
If it is necessary to take the drug during breastfeeding, lactation is suspended.
Method of application and dose
The drug is administered orally, 1 tablet per day. The attending physician may increase the dosage based on the individual condition of the patients.
The duration of the treatment process depends on the course of the disease, the individual reaction of the patient’s body to the drug.
The patient should consult a physician if the symptoms of the disease have not disappeared during the use of the drug or there are side effects not listed in the instructions for medical use of the drug.
Symptoms of amlodipine overdose:
- increased peripheral vasodilation;
- lowering blood pressure;
- heart rhythm disorders – tachycardia or bradycardia.
Symptoms of hydrochlorothiazide overdose:
- electrolyte imbalance;
- tachycardia, hypotension, shock;
- weakness, convulsions, paresthesias;
- nausea, vomiting, thirst;
- oliguria, anuria;
- hypokalemia, hyponatremia, hypochloremia, alkalosis.
At casual reception it is necessary to wash out a stomach, to accept enterosorbents, to carry out treatment of symptoms – to enter calcium gluconate, dopamine, to make up for loss of electrolytes.
Hemodialysis is ineffective.
The use of the drug can cause side effects such as:
- heart rhythm disorders, drop in pressure, myocardial infarction;
- nausea, dyspepsia, diarrhea, flatulence, dry mouth, gum hyperplasia, gastritis, pancreatitis;
- jaundice, dysfunction, hepatitis;
- dizziness, fainting, drowsiness, visual disturbances, conjunctivitis;
- depression, insomnia, mood swings;
- anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis;
- increase in daily diuresis, nocturia;
- allergic reactions – rash, rash, itching, erythema, dermatitis;
- asthenia, convulsions, myalgia, arthralgia;
- sweating, edema, gynecomastia, sexual dysfunction, shortness of breath, rhinitis, cough, hyperglycemia;
- renal failure, interstitial nephritis;
- decreased glucose tolerance, which can lead to the manifestation of latent diabetes mellitus;
- pneumonitis and pulmonary edema;
Usually the side effects stop with the abolition of the drug.
Conditions and terms of storage
Shelf life – up to 2 years.
Storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C.