Arterial hypertension, chronic ischemic heart disease (stable angina). Selective β-adrenoceptor blockers with other antihypertensive agents. Atenolol and other antihypertensives.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: amlodipine (5 mg), atenolol (50 mg).
Tenochek is produced in the form of tablets of 5/50 mg.
It is a combined antihypertensive agent (calcium ion antagonist + beta-blocker). The drug blocks the flow of Ca ions through the L-type channels (slow calcium channels) of the membranes into the cells of the smooth muscle fibers of the heart and blood vessels. Thus, providing a direct relaxing effect on vascular smooth muscles, it helps to reduce blood pressure. It also reduces ischemia (insufficient blood supply to tissues) in angina pectoris, reducing energy consumption, their need for oxygen. It also blocks beta-adrenergic receptors, reducing cardiac activity and thus reducing the heart’s need for oxygen.
- with arterial hypertension;
- with chronic stable angina pectoris.
You cannot assign Tenochek:
- with known sensitivity to amlodipine, dihydropyridines, atenolol;
- with arterial hypotension of severe degree;
- in shock (including cardiogenic shock);
- with obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricle (for example, severe aortic stenosis);
- with unstable angina pectoris;
- within 8 days after the acute phase of myocardial infarction;
- with acute heart failure or episodes of decompensation;
- with AV blockade II – III degree;
- with cardiogenic shock;
- with sick sinus syndrome;
- with sinoatrial blockade;
- with severe bronchial asthma;
- with severe occlusions of peripheral arteries;
- with untreated pheochromocytoma;
- with metabolic acidosis.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Tenochek is used orally (inside).
The standard dose for adults with arterial hypertension is 1 tablet / day. If the effectiveness is insufficient, the dose may be increased to 2 tablets x1 times / day.
Overdose symptoms: prolonged decrease in blood pressure, tachycardia, AV block, bradycardia, dizziness.
Treatment: carrying out activities aimed at maintaining the function of the cardiovascular system, monitoring the work of the heart / lungs, controlling the BCC, diuresis, prescribing symptomatic therapy. Dialysis is ineffective.
- Disturbances from the lymphatic system, blood: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
- Metabolic disorders: hyperglycemia.
- Mental disorders: depression, mood changes, anxiety, confusion, insomnia.
- Neurological disorders: hypertonicity, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, tremor, dysgeusia, hypesthesia, syncope, paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy, extrapyramidal disorders.
- Perceptual disorders: visual impairment, including double vision (diplopia).
- Hearing disorders, labyrinth: tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
- Cardiac disorders: rapid heartbeat, arrhythmia (including tachycardia, bradycardia, atrial flutter), myocardial infarction.
- Vascular disorders: hot flashes, hypotension, vasculitis.
- Respiratory disorders: dyspnea, cough, rhinitis.
- Digestive disorders: abdominal pain, nausea, intestinal motility disorders, diarrhea / constipation, vomiting, gastritis, dry mouth, pancreatitis, hepatitis, gingival hyperplasia, jaundice, increased levels of liver enzymes, cholestasis.
- Skin changes: itching, Quincke’s edema, rashes, skin discoloration, alopecia, purpura, sweating, exanthema, urticaria, angioedema, exfoliative dermatitis, photosensitivity, erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- Changes in the musculoskeletal system: swelling of the legs, arthralgia, muscle pain, muscle cramps, back pain.
- Disorders of the genitourinary system: urinary disorders, nocturia, frequent urination.
- Reproductive disorders: gynecomastia, impotence, psoriasis.
- Others: edema, fatigue, chest pain, weight loss / gain.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Tenochek should be at 15-25 ° C for no more than 4 years.