Arterial hypertension, when therapy with one or two components of the drug is ineffective.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredients: atenolol (100 mg), chlorthalidone (25 mg), nifedipine (10 mg).
Tonorma is produced in the form of tablets.
This is a combination drug. Contains a highly selective (selective) beta-adrenergic receptor blocker. Suppresses the level of renin in the blood, reduces cardiac activity, reducing the need for oxygen in patients with angina pectoris. Reduces heart rate, stroke volume, reducing the volumetric blood flow rate of the heart, oxygen consumption. It also contains a diuretic and a blocker of “slow” calcium channels.
Tonorma is used for arterial hypertension.
You cannot assign Tonorm:
- with allergies to components;
- in case of poisoning with cardiac glycosides;
- with precoms associated with Addison’s disease;
- with cardiogenic shock;
- with pheochromocytoma (untreated);
- with AV blockade II – III degree (without an implanted pacemaker);
- with Short’s syndrome (weakness of the sinus node);
- when detecting sinoatrial blockade;
- with symptomatic bradycardia (heart rate less than 60 beats / minute);
- with symptomatic hypotension (with systolic blood pressure less than 100 mm Hg);
- with a severe form of peripheral arterial occlusive disease, Raynaud’s syndrome;
- with renal failure;
- with anuria;
- with liver failure;
- with hypokalemia;
- with severe aortic stenosis (narrowing of the aortic opening);
- chronic heart failure;
- with systolic (“upper”) pressure below 90 mm Hg;
- with myocardial infarction (in the first 4 weeks);
- with metabolic acidosis.
Tonorm is prescribed with caution:
- with stable chronic heart failure;
- in conditions associated with bronchospasm;
- with diabetes mellitus with significant drops in the value of glycemia;
- with a strict diet;
- with Prinzmetal’s angina;
- with desensitization therapy;
- with AV blockade of the 1st degree;
- with occlusive lesion of peripheral arteries;
- during anesthesia.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The drug can adversely affect the course of pregnancy, the condition of the fetus / newborn (there is a risk of growth retardation, intrauterine death of the fetus, abortion / premature birth). Application is possible for health reasons.
Breastfeeding is stopped for the duration of treatment.
Method of administration and dosage
Tonorma is administered orally (inside). The tablet is taken (swallowed with liquid, without chewing) in the morning, before meals. The dosage regimen is adjusted by the doctor individually.
The standard dosage for arterial hypertension is 1 tablet x1 times / day, the maximum is 200 mg of atenolol x1 times / day.
Overdose symptoms: bradycardia, AV block of the third degree, dizziness, drop in blood pressure, spasm (narrowing) of the bronchi, acute heart failure, hypoglycemia. In case of overdose, treatment is stopped, the doctor is immediately informed. Supportive, symptomatic treatment is used depending on the severity of the overdose.
Possible sleep disturbances, hallucinations, depression, nightmares, dizziness, syncope, decreased lacrimation, conjunctivitis, hearing impairment, bradycardia, headache, increased heart failure, orthostatic hypotension, feeling of cold / numbness in the extremities, AV conduction disorders, bronchospasm, allergic rhinitis, nausea, diarrhea / constipation, hepatitis, allergic reactions (hot flashes, itching, hyperhidrosis, rash), psoriasis-like rash, alopecia, muscle weakness / spasms, potency disorders, asthenia, fatigue.
Storage conditions and periods
You can store Tonorm for no more than 2 years at 15–25 ° С.