Treatment of edema and / or effusion caused by heart failure, if the intravenous use of the drug is necessary, for example, in the case of pulmonary edema due to acute heart failure.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: torasemide.
Toradiv is produced in the form of a solution for injection (5 mg / ml).
It is a loop diuretic. In low doses, it has a weak diuretic, saluretic (increase the release of sodium and potassium salts) effect. At a higher dose, increases diuresis (dose-dependent).
Toradiv is prescribed for the treatment of edema and / or effusion caused by insufficient cardiac function, if intravenous administration is necessary (for example, in case of pulmonary edema).
You can not appoint Toradiv:
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with intolerance to sulfonylurea preparations;
- with renal failure with anuria;
- with hepatic coma / precoma;
- with arterial hypotension;
- with hypovolemia;
- with hyponatremia;
- with hypokalemia;
- in acute urinary disorders (for example, due to prostate hypertrophy);
- when breastfeeding;
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, Toradiv is used only for health reasons.
During breastfeeding, this medicine is not used.
Method of administration and dosage
Toradiv is used parenterally (slowly intravenously).
For adults, treatment begins with a single dose of 2 ml (equivalent to 10 mg) per day. If the therapeutic effect is insufficient, the single dose is increased to 4 ml (20 mg). In case of insufficient effectiveness, short-term therapy (up to three days) can be applied using a dose of 8 ml (40 mg) per day.
In acute pulmonary edema, treatment begins with a single dose of 4 ml (20 mg). Depending on the achieved effect, the dose can be repeated at intervals of 30 minutes. It is forbidden to exceed the maximum daily dose – 20 ml (100 mg).
Patients with insufficient liver and / or kidney function need dose adjustment (possibly an increase in the concentration of the active substance in the blood).
An overdose of Toradiv may be accompanied by increased diuresis, electrolyte imbalance, drowsiness, amentive syndrome (confusion, incoherence of speech, chaotic movements), symptomatic arterial hypotension, cardiovascular insufficiency, digestive disorders.
Overdose treatment: dose reduction or drug withdrawal, fluid and electrolyte replacement (after appropriate control).
- Metabolic disorders: metabolic alkalosis, muscle spasms, hyperuricemia, hyperglycemia, hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, hypokalemia, disturbances in water and electrolyte balance (hypovolemia, hyponatremia, hypokalemia).
- Cardiovascular disorders: thrombosis, arterial hypotension, cerebral and cardiac ischemia, cardiac arrhythmias, angina pectoris, acute myocardial infarction, syncope.
- Digestive disorders: flatulence, loss of appetite, stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea / vomiting, constipation, pancreatitis.
- Urinary disorders: hypercreatininemia, urinary retention, urge to urinate.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: increased blood levels of γ-glutamyl transpeptidase.
- Hematological disorders: thrombocytopenia, erythrocytopenia, leukocytopenia.
- Dermatological disorders: allergic reactions (exanthema, pruritus, photosensitivity).
Storage conditions and periods
At 15-25 ° С. Shelf life Toradiv is two years. Parents need to keep their children safe by limiting their access to medicines.