Highly active diuretics. Simple preparations of sulfonamides. 5 mg tablets – hypertension. 5 mg or 10 mg or 20 mg tablets are swelling caused by heart failure. Pills of 50 mg or 100 mg or 200 mg – edema, high blood pressure in severe renal failure (creatinine clearance less than 20 ml / min) in the presence of any residual diuresis (more than 200 ml in 24 hours), including patients undergoing hemodialysis.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: torasemide.
Torasemide Sandoz is produced in the form of tablets (10 mg).
It is a loop diuretic. In low doses, it has a weak diuretic, saluretic (increase the release of sodium and potassium salts) effect. At a higher dose, increases diuresis (dose-dependent). The main mechanism of the diuretic action is associated with reversible binding to the Na + / 2Cl- / K + cotransporter in the apical section of Henle’s loop, as a result of which renal reabsorption of sodium and chlorine ions is inhibited, the excretion of potassium, magnesium, bicarbonates is stimulated for the second time, and calcium excretion decreases.
Torasemide Sandoz is prescribed to treat edema and / or effusion caused by cardiac insufficiency.
You can not appoint Torasemide Sandoz:
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with intolerance to sulfonylurea preparations;
- with renal failure with anuria;
- with hepatic coma / precoma;
- with arterial hypotension;
- with hypovolemia;
- with hyponatremia;
- with hypokalemia;
- in acute urinary disorders (for example, due to prostate hypertrophy);
- when breastfeeding;
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, Torasemide Sandoz is used only for health reasons.
During breastfeeding, this medicine is not used.
Method of administration and dosage
Torasemide Sandoz is administered orally (inside) on an empty stomach.
For adults, treatment begins with a single dose of 5 mg per day. If the therapeutic effect is insufficient, a single dose is increased to 10 mg. In case of insufficient effectiveness, short-term therapy (up to three days) can be applied using a dose of 20 mg per day.
It is forbidden to exceed the maximum daily dose of 200 mg.
Patients with insufficient liver and / or kidney function need dose adjustment (possibly an increase in the concentration of the active substance in the blood).
An overdose of Torasemide Sandoz may be accompanied by increased diuresis, electrolyte imbalance, drowsiness, amentive syndrome (confusion, incoherence of speech, chaotic movements), symptomatic arterial hypotension, cardiovascular insufficiency, and digestive disorders.
Overdose treatment: dose reduction or drug withdrawal, fluid and electrolyte replacement (after appropriate control).
- Metabolic disorders: metabolic alkalosis, muscle spasms, hyperuricemia, hyperglycemia, hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, hypokalemia, disturbances in water and electrolyte balance (hypovolemia, hyponatremia, hypokalemia).
- Cardiovascular disorders: thrombosis, arterial hypotension, cerebral / cardiac ischemia, syncope, angina pectoris, cardiac arrhythmias, acute myocardial infarction.
- Digestive disorders: flatulence, loss of appetite, stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea / vomiting, constipation, pancreatitis.
- Urinary disorders: hypercreatininemia, urinary retention, urge to urinate.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: increased blood levels of γ-glutamyl transpeptidase.
- Hematological disorders: thrombocytopenia, erythrocytopenia, leukocytopenia.
- Dermatological disorders: allergic reactions (exanthema, pruritus, photosensitivity).
Storage conditions and periods
At 15-25 ° С. Shelf life Torasemid Sandoz is three years. Parents need to keep their children safe by limiting their access to medicines.