Arterial hypertension; swelling caused by heart failure; swelling increased blood pressure in severe renal failure; cirrhosis of the liver; residual diuresis to patients on hemodialysis.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: torasemide.
Available in tablet form (10 mg).
Torasemide is a diuretic (loop diuretic). The main mechanism of its action is due to the ability to reversibly bind to the sodium / potassium / chlorine counterporter, which are located in the apical membrane of the ascending loop of Henle, due to which the reabsorption of water and sodium ions is reduced or completely inhibited, and the osmotic pressure of the fluid in the intracellular space decreases.
Torasemide, to a lesser extent, causes hypokalemia than furosemide, while it is more active, its effect is longer. Reduces systolic / diastolic blood pressure while lying down.
It is prescribed for edematous syndrome of various causes, incl. with chronic heart failure, liver disease, kidney disease, as well as with arterial hypertension.
You can not appoint Torasemid:
- with anuria (lack of urine);
- with hepatic coma / precoma;
- with refractory hypokalemia;
- with refractory hyponatremia;
- with dehydration (dehydration);
- with a pronounced violation of the outflow of urine for any reason;
- with glycosidic intoxication;
- with acute glomerulonephritis;
- with sinoatrial, AV blockade of II – III degree;
- in childhood / adolescence;
- during pregnancy;
- in case of allergy to torasemide, sulfonamides (sulfonylurea preparations, sulfonamide antimicrobial agents), intolerance to auxiliary components.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This medication is contraindicated in pregnancy.
It is used with caution during breastfeeding.
Method of administration and dosage
The tablet is taken orally. Depending on the indications, the dose is 5–20 mg x1 times / day.
It is not recommended to use more than 40 mg one time. This medicine is used for a long time or until the edema disappears.
Overdose symptoms: frequent urination, dehydration, arterial hypotension, drowsiness, confusion, cardiovascular failure, digestive disorders.
Overdose treatment: dose reduction / drug withdrawal, normalization of water and electrolyte balance, symptomatic therapy, hemodialysis.
- Metabolic disorders: hypertriglyceridemia, polydipsia, hypercholesterolemia.
- Nervous disorders: drowsiness, dizziness, fainting, leg muscle cramps, headache, confusion, paresthesia in the limbs.
- Cardiovascular disorders: increased heart rate, extrasystole, tachycardia, facial flushing, thromboembolism, deep vein thrombosis, hypovolemia, arterial hypotension.
- Respiratory disorders: nosebleeds.
- Digestive disorders: diarrhea, flatulence, abdominal pain, nausea, loss of appetite, pancreatitis.
- Genitourinary disorders: urinary retention, increased frequency of urination, nocturia, polyuria, frequent urge to urinate, increased concentration of creatinine, urea in the blood.
- Laboratory indicators: an increase in the number of platelets, hyperglycemia, a decrease in the number of erythrocytes, hyperuricemia, hypokalemia, leukocytes, platelets, hypochloremia, increased activity of liver enzymes, increased ALP activity in the blood, hyponatremia, metabolic alkalosis.
- Perceptual disorder: ringing in the ears, visual impairment, hearing loss (reversible).
- Skin changes: rash, pruritus, photosensitivity.
- Others: increased fatigue, asthenia, hyperactivity, weakness, thirst, nervousness.
Storage conditions and periods
At 15-25 ° С. The shelf life is three years.