Diuretics. Highly active diuretics. Simple preparations of sulfonamides. Essential hypertension. Edema and / or effusions caused by congestive heart failure.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: torasemide.
Torasemid-Teva is produced in the form of tablets (10 mg).
It is a loop diuretic. In low doses, it has a weak diuretic, saluretic (increase the release of sodium and potassium salts) effect. At a higher dose, increases diuresis (dose-dependent). The main mechanism of the diuretic action is associated with reversible binding to the Na + / 2Cl- / K + cotransporter in the apical section of Henle’s loop, as a result of which renal reabsorption of sodium and chlorine ions is inhibited, the excretion of potassium, magnesium, bicarbonates is stimulated for the second time, and calcium excretion decreases.
Torasemid-Teva is prescribed to treat edema and / or effusion caused by cardiac insufficiency.
You can not appoint Torasemid-Teva:
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with intolerance to sulfonylurea preparations;
- with renal failure with anuria;
- with hepatic coma / precoma;
- with arterial hypotension;
- with hypovolemia;
- with hyponatremia;
- with hypokalemia;
- in acute urinary disorders (for example, due to prostate hypertrophy);
- when breastfeeding;
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, Torasemid-Teva is used only for health reasons.
During breastfeeding, this medicine is not used.
Method of administration and dosage
Torasemid-Teva is administered orally (inside) on an empty stomach.
For adults, treatment begins with a single dose of 5 mg per day. If the therapeutic effect is insufficient, a single dose is increased to 10 mg. In case of insufficient effectiveness, short-term therapy (up to three days) can be applied using a dose of 20 mg per day.
It is forbidden to exceed the maximum daily dose of 200 mg.
Patients with insufficient liver and / or kidney function need dose adjustment (possibly an increase in the concentration of the active substance in the blood).
An overdose of Torasemid-Teva may be accompanied by increased diuresis, electrolyte imbalance, drowsiness, amentive syndrome (confusion, incoherence of speech, chaotic movements), symptomatic arterial hypotension, cardiovascular insufficiency, digestive disorders.
Overdose treatment: dose reduction or drug withdrawal, fluid and electrolyte replacement (after appropriate control).
- Metabolic disorders: metabolic alkalosis, muscle spasms, hyperuricemia, hyperglycemia, hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, hypokalemia, disturbances in water and electrolyte balance (hypovolemia, hyponatremia, hypokalemia).
- Cardiovascular disorders: thrombosis, arterial hypotension, cerebral / cardiac ischemia, syncope, angina pectoris, cardiac arrhythmias, acute myocardial infarction.
- Digestive disorders: flatulence, loss of appetite, stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea / vomiting, constipation, pancreatitis.
- Urinary disorders: hypercreatininemia, urinary retention, urge to urinate.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: increased blood levels of γ-glutamyl transpeptidase.
- Hematological disorders: thrombocytopenia, erythrocytopenia, leukocytopenia.
- Dermatological disorders: allergic reactions (exanthema, pruritus, photosensitivity).
Storage conditions and periods
At 15 – 30 ° C. The shelf life of Torasemid-Teva is three years. Parents need to keep their children safe by limiting their access to medicines.