Prevention of cardiovascular disease. For adult patients without clinically pronounced coronary heart disease but with several risk factors for coronary heart disease, such as age, smoking, arterial hypertension, low HDL or early ischemic heart disease, the occurrence of myocardial infarction; reducing the risk of stroke; reducing the risk of revascularization and angina. For patients with type II diabetes mellitus and without clinically pronounced coronary heart disease, but with several risk factors for coronary heart disease, such as retinopathy, albuminuria, tobacco or arterial hypertension, the drug Torvacard Crystal is indicated for: reduction of infarction; reducing the risk of stroke. For patients with clinically pronounced coronary heart disease, Torvakard Crystal is indicated for: reducing the risk of non-lethal myocardial infarction; reducing the risk of lethal and non-lethal stroke; reducing the risk of revascularization; reducing the risk of hospitalization due to congestive heart failure; reducing the risk of angina. Hyperlipidemia. In addition to diet, to reduce the levels of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, apolipoprotein B and triglycerides, and to increase HDL cholesterol in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia (heterozygous family and non-familial class II and . As a supplement to the diet for the treatment of patients with elevated serum triglyceride levels (type IV according to Fredrickson’s classification). For the treatment of patients with primary dysbitalipoproteinemia (type i according to Fredrickson’s classification) when dieting is not effective enough. To reduce total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia in addition to other lipid-lowering treatments (such as LDL apheresis) or if such treatments are unavailable. In addition to the diet to reduce total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and apolipoprotein B in boys and girls after menstruation at the age of 10 to 17 years with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, if after the appropriate diet, cholesterol results in the following: / dl or b) LDL cholesterol ³ 160 mg / dl and: a family history of early cardiovascular disease or two or more other risk factors for cardiovascular disease present in a pediatric patient.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: atorvastatin.
Torvakard Crystal is produced in the form of tablets 20 mg.
This drug reduces the level of “harmful” fats in the blood. It is a selective competitive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase, which converts 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A into mevalonic acid, a precursor of organic alcohol-sterols (including cholesterol). Reduces LDL by 41–61%, apolipoprotein B by 34–50%, triglycerides by 14–33%, cholesterol by 30–46%.
Torvakard Kristal is used as an addition to the diet in the following conditions:
- elevated levels of LDL (low density lipoprotein), total cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, triglycerides – in order to increase the level of HDL (high density lipoprotein) in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia (familial or non-hereditary), combined hyperlipidemia (type IIa, ІІb);
- elevated triglyceride levels (type IV);
- dysbetalipoproteinemia (type III) – if the diet is ineffective;
- cardiovascular diseases (with / without dyslipidemia) in patients with risk factors (smoking, heredity, diabetes mellitus, low HDL cholesterol, arterial hypertension) in order to reduce the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, angina pectoris, as well as if it is necessary to undergo myocardial revascularization.
Torvakard Kristal is not prescribed:
- with a persistent unspecified increase in transaminase activity, exceeding the norm by three times;
- with active liver diseases;
- with allergies to components.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Torvakard Kristal is not used during these periods.
Method of administration and dosage
Before starting treatment, you should determine the level of total cholesterol in the blood.
The standard dose is 10–80 mg x 1 time / day at any time of the day, regardless of food intake.
It is recommended to follow a special diet during treatment.
In case of an overdose, the following measures are taken: prevention of absorption of the active substance (gastric lavage, use of sorbents, laxatives), monitoring and maintenance of vital functions.
In exceptional cases, myopathy may develop with rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of muscle tissue), acute kidney failure. In this case, the drug is immediately canceled, diuretics are prescribed, sodium bicarbonate solution, hemodialysis is performed.
- Digestive disorders: pancreatitis, belching, vomiting, hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice, abdominal pain, constipation, nausea, diarrhea, dyspepsia, flatulence.
- Nervous system disorders: paresthesias, peripheral neuropathy, headache.
- Disorders of the musculoskeletal system: joint edema, myalgia, myopathy, neck pain, myositis, muscle cramps, tendopathy.
- General reactions: an increase in the level of transaminases, creatine phosphokinase in the biochemical blood test, asthenia.
- Respiratory system disorders: nosebleeds, pharyngolaryngeal pain.
- Metabolic disorders: hypoglycemia, anorexia, hyperglycemia.
- Mental disorders: nightmares, insomnia, depression.
- Skin changes: alopecia, rash, itching.
- Disorders of the organs of perception: impairment, blurred vision.
- Reproductive system disorders: sexual dysfunction, gynecomastia.
- Infections / invasions: nasopharyngitis.
- General: leukocyturia.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Torvakard Crystal for no more than 2 years. Does not require special storage conditions.