Shown as a supplement to diet and other non-drug treatments (such as exercise, weight loss) in the following conditions: severe hypertriglyceridemia with or without high-density lipoprotein cholesterol; mixed hyperlipidemia in cases where statin use is contraindicated or statin intolerance; mixed hyperlipidemia in patients with high cardiovascular risk, in addition to statin therapy, when high-density triglycerides and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol are not adequately controlled.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: fenofibrate (145 mg).
Traikor is produced in the form of tablets.
This is a hypolipidemic (reducing the concentration of certain lipid fractions in the blood) agent. The action of the drug is due to the activation of PPARα receptors. This leads to an increase in the intensity of lipolysis, elimination of triglyceride-rich particles from the plasma, and stimulation of the synthesis of apoproteins. As a result, the fraction of very low and low density lipoproteins containing apoprotein B decreases, the amount of which is increased in individuals with a risk of coronary heart disease. In addition, it helps to increase the high density lipoprotein fraction.
Traikor is used for combination or monotherapy in patients who do not respond to non-drug measures (adherence to a special diet, increased physical activity):
- with hypercholesterolemia (high blood cholesterol);
- with hypertriglyceridemia (an increased level of triglycerides in the blood).
Traikor is contraindicated:
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with severe liver dysfunction (Child-Pugh class C, including biliary cirrhosis, persistent liver dysfunction of unknown etiology);
- with severe / moderate impaired renal function (with a creatinine clearance rate below 60 ml / minute);
- with photosensitization, phototoxicity during treatment with fibrates and ketoprofen in history;
- with a history of gallbladder diseases;
- with chronic or acute pancreatitis, with the exception of cases of acute pancreatitis caused by severe
- during breastfeeding;
- under 18 years old.
- with a predisposition to the development of myopathy and / or rhabdomyolysis, incl. age over 70;
- with a burdened history of hereditary muscle diseases;
- with hypothyroidism;
- with alcohol abuse;
- during pregnancy;
- while taking oral anticoagulants, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Animal studies have not shown teratogenic effects. Embryotoxic effects have been observed with doses that are toxic to the mother. In this regard, the drug can be used in pregnant women only as directed by a doctor after assessing the benefits and risks.
The drug is not prescribed for nursing mothers.
Method of administration and dosage
Tricor is used internally (with meals).
The standard dose for adults is 145 mg once a day.
If an overdose is suspected, symptomatic and supportive treatment is prescribed.
- Cardiovascular disorders: venous thromboembolism (deep vein, pulmonary embolism).
- Respiratory disorders: the development of interstitial pneumonia.
- Neurological disorders: headache (cephalalgia).
- Gastrointestinal disorders: nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, pancreatitis, bloating.
- Hematological disorders: a decrease in the level of leukocytes, hemoglobin.
- Dermatological disorders: exanthema, urticaria, alopecia, pruritus, photosensitivity, photosensitivity of the skin with erythema, the appearance of nodules, vesicles on the skin.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: increased levels of transaminases in the blood, the formation of stones in the gallbladder, hepatitis, jaundice.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: muscle cramps, diffuse myalgia, myositis, rhabdomyolysis, muscle weakness.
- Changes in laboratory tests: hypercreatininemia, increased blood urea levels.
- Others: sexual dysfunction.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Traikor at temperatures up to + 25 ° C for no more than 3 years. It is prohibited to use the medicinal product after the expiration date indicated on the package. It is necessary to ensure the inaccessibility of the medicine for children.