Means used in ophthalmology. Anti-glaucoma drugs and miotic agents. Analogs of prostaglandins. To reduce increased intraocular pressure in patients with ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma.
active substance: travoprost;
1 ml of solution contains 0.040 mg (40 μg) travoprost;
excipients: benzalkonium chloride, macrogol-15-hydroxystearate, trometamol, boric acid, disodium edetate, mannitol (E 421), 1 M sodium hydroxide solution or 1 M hydrochloric acid, water for injection.
Dosage form. Eye drops, solution.
Basic physical and chemical properties: colorless transparent aqueous solution.
Travoprost, an analogue of prostaglandin F2a, is its full selective agonist, which has a high degree of affinity with FP-receptors of prostaglandin, it reduces intraocular pressure by increasing the outflow of intraocular fluid along the trabecular meshwork and uveoscleral pathway. A decrease in intraocular pressure in humans begins approximately 2 hours after the drug is applied, and the maximum effect is achieved after 12 hours. A significant decrease in intraocular pressure with a single dose may persist for more than 24 hours.
Data on the use of Travinor in combination with timolol 0.5% and limited data on the use in combination with brimonidine 0.2% confirm the additional effect of Travinor when used with these antiglaucoma drugs. There are no clinical data regarding its combined use with other ophthalmic antihypertensive drugs.
Travoprost significantly increased blood flow to the optic nerve head in animals after 7 days of topical application to the eye (1.4 micrograms 1 time per day).
For the reduction of increased intraocular pressure in patients with ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma.
Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to other components of the drug.
Interaction with other medicinal products and other types of interactions.
Interaction studies with other medicinal products have not been conducted.
Method of administration and dosage
For ophthalmic use.
Use for the treatment of adults, including elderly patients
1 drop of the drug Travinor into the conjunctival sac (sacks) of the affected eye (s) 1 time per day. The optimal effect is obtained with the dose in the evening. After instillation, it is recommended to clamp the nasolacrimal canal or slightly close the eyelids. This reduces the systemic absorption of drugs injected into the eye, which can reduce the likelihood of systemic side effects.
If more than one ophthalmic agent is used for topical application, the interval between their use should be at least 5 minutes.
If a dose is missed, treatment must be continued with the next scheduled dose.
The dose should not exceed one drop in the affected eye (s) 1 time per day.
If another ophthalmic antiglaucoma drug is replaced with Travinor, the use of the other drug should be discontinued and the next day, the use of the drug Travinor should be started.
Application for violations of liver and kidney function
The use of travoprost has been investigated in patients with impaired liver function (mild to severe), as well as in patients with impaired renal function (mild to severe) (creatinine clearance below 14 ml / min). There is no need for dose adjustment in such patients (see section “Pharmacological properties”).
For patients who wear contact lenses, see the section “Peculiarities of use”. To prevent contamination of the edge of the dropper and the contents of the vial, you must be careful not to touch the eyelids, adjacent areas or other surfaces with the edge of the dropper bottle.
The efficacy and safety of using Travinor in patients under 18 years of age have not been established, therefore, its appointment to patients in this group is not recommended until the relevant data are obtained.
There have been no reports of any overdose cases. A local overdose is unlikely to cause or be associated with toxic effects. In case of local overdose with Travinor, the eye (s) should be rinsed with warm water. In case of accidental ingestion of the drug, symptomatic and supportive therapy should be carried out.
- Infections and invasions: herpes simplex, herpetic keratitis.
- From the immune system: hypersensitivity, seasonal allergies.
- From the side of the psyche: depression, anxiety.
- From the nervous system: headache, dizziness, visual field disturbance, dysgeusia.
- From the side of the eyes: redness of the eye, hyperpigmentation of the iris, pain in the eye, sensation of discomfort in the eye, dryness of the eye, itching of the eye, eye irritation, corneal erosion, uveitis, iritis, inflammation in the anterior chamber of the eye, keratitis, punctate keratitis, photophobia, discharge from the eye, blepharitis, erythema of the eyelids, periorbital edema, itching of the eyelids, decreased visual acuity, blurred vision, increased lacrimation, conjunctivitis, ectropion, cataract, scaling at the edges of the eyelids, eyelash growth, eyelash discoloration, asthenopia, iridocyclitis, eye inflammation, photopsia, eczema of the eyelids, conjunctival edema, the appearance of a halo around the light source, conjunctival follicles, hypesthesia of the eye, meibomeitis, pigmentation of the anterior chamber, thickening of the eyelashes, macular edema, retraction of the eyes.
- From the organs of hearing and balance: vertigo, tinnitus.
- From the side of the cardiovascular system: accelerated heartbeat, irregular heart rate, decreased heart rate, chest pain, bradycardia, tachycardia, decreased diastolic blood pressure, increased systolic blood pressure, arterial hypotension, arterial hypertension.
- On the part of the respiratory system, thoracic and mediastinal disorders: dyspnea, asthma, nasal congestion, throat irritation, respiratory disorders, sore throat, cough, dysphonia, exacerbation of asthma.
- From the gastrointestinal tract: exacerbation of peptic ulcer disease, gastrointestinal tract disorders, constipation, dry mouth, diarrhea, stomach pain, nausea.
- On the part of the skin and subcutaneous tissues: hyperpigmentation of the skin (around the eye), discoloration of the skin, violation of the hair structure, hypertrichosis, allergic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, erythema, rash, changes in hair color, madarosis, itching, abnormal hair growth.
- From the musculoskeletal system, connective tissue, bones: musculoskeletal pain, arthralgia.
- From the kidneys and urinary tract: dysuria, urinary incontinence.
- Violation of a general nature and conditions associated with the site of administration: asthenia.
- Laboratory tests: increased PSA (prostate-specific antigen) levels.
After opening the bottle, the shelf life is no more than 4 weeks.
Store in original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 30 ºС.
Keep out of the reach of children.