For adults, trimetazidine is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of stable angina pectoris, provided that the first-line antianginal drugs are not effective or intolerant.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: trimetazidine dihydrochloride.
Available in tablets of 20 mg.
It is an anti-ischemic and antianginal agent. Prevents a decrease in the level of ATP in the cell, ensuring the proper operation of ion pumps, transmembrane sodium-potassium flow. Helps increase glucose oxidation by optimizing energy processes in cells.
Tricard is prescribed to adults for the symptomatic treatment of stable angina (with insufficient efficacy / intolerance of first-line antianginal drugs).
Tricard cannot be prescribed:
- in case of trimetazidine allergy;
- in case of intolerance of components;
- in Parkinson’s disease;
- with symptoms of parkinsonism (tremor, muscle rigidity);
- with “restless legs” syndrome or other related motor disorders;
- in chronic kidney disease in stage IV-V.
It is necessary to prescribe this drug with caution:
- patients with chronic kidney disease in stage I-III (it is recommended to monitor functional parameters with dose adjustment);
- elderly patients (over 75 years).
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Due to the lack of clinical data, this drug is not recommended for use in pregnant / lactating women.
Method of application and dose
Tricard tablets are intended for oral administration (orally) with food, washed down with sufficient clean water.
Recommended dosage: 1 tablet (20 mg) x3 times / day. The duration of the therapeutic course is set individually and depends on the course and severity of the disease.
The recommended dosage for patients with chronic kidney disease in stage I-III – 1 tablet (20 mg) x2 times / day – morning and evening.
The wide therapeutic range of the drug makes the possibility of serious intoxication unlikely.
In case of overdose (significant overdose) there may be a decrease in peripheral vascular resistance, and as a consequence, the development of hypotension, flushing. In such cases, symptomatic therapy is recommended.
- On the part of the nervous system: headache, extrapyramidal symptoms (gait instability, tremor, akinesia, muscle hypertonia, restless legs syndrome, other movement disorders), dizziness, sleep disorders (drowsiness, insomnia).
- Co digestive side: pain in the epigastric (above the stomach) area of the abdomen, nausea / vomiting, diarrhea, constipation.
- General disorders: asthenia.
- Cardiovascular side: arterial hypotension, incl. orthostatic hypotension (may be associated with dizziness, malaise, falls), flushing, extrasystole, palpitations, tachycardia.
- Co side of the skin, subcutaneous tissues: rash, erythema, generalized exanthematous pustular rash, itching, urticaria, angioneurotic edema.
- Co side of the hepatobiliary system: hepatitis.
- Co side of the blood system, lymphatic system: agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenic purpura, thrombocytopenia.
- Due to the presence of dyes in the tablets (E110, E124) may develop allergic reactions, asthma, especially in patients with allergies to acetylsalicylic acid.
Conditions and terms of storage
The tablets must be stored in the original undamaged packaging for no more than 3 years. Temperature conditions: no higher than 25 ° C.