Local treatment of Trichomonas vaginitis and nonspecific vaginitis.
Trichopol (metronidazolum) vaginal tablets 500 mg. №10
active substance: metronidazolum;
1 vaginal tablet contains 500 mg of metronidazole;
Excipients: microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, crospovidone, colloidal anhydrous silica, stearic acid.
Main physical and chemical properties: oblong biconvex tablets of white or light yellowish color.
Antimicrobial and antiseptic agents used in gynecology. Imidazole derivatives.
ATC code G01A F01.
Metronidazole belongs to the nitro-5-imidazoles and has a broad spectrum of action. Sensitive to the drug: Peptostreptococcus spp., Clostridium spp., Bacteroides spp., Fusobacterium spp., Prevotella spp., Veilonella. Metronidazole inhibits the development of protozoa – Trichomonas vaginalis, Giardia intestinalis (Lamblia intestinalis), Entamoeba histolytica.
Instantly sensitive to the drug: Bifidobacterium spp., Eubacterium spp. Insensitive strains of microorganisms: Propionibacterium, Actinomyces, Mobiluncus.
Trichopol vaginal tablets is prescribed for the treatment of:
- gastric ulcers and gastritis caused by Helicobacter pylori;
- trichomoniasis infection;
- vaginitis, which is caused by pathogenic microorganisms sensitive to metronidazole;
- surgical infections provoked by metronidazole-sensitive flora;
- other infections caused by metronidazole-sensitive bacteria.
- hypersensitivity to metronidazole or to any other component of the drug;
- hypersensitivity to imidazole derivatives;
- this medicine is not recommended in combination with disulfiram or alcohol.
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Trichopol vaginal tablets is not prescribed to women if the gestation period is less than twelve weeks. If the gestation period is more than twelve weeks, treatment with the drug is carried out with great caution and only under medical supervision.
Method of application and dose
The drug Trichopol vaginal tablets can be used to treat only adult patients.
- Trichomonas vaginitis. Apply 1 vaginal tablet once a day for 10 days. Before inserting into the vagina, the tablet should be slightly soaked in chilled boiled water. Treatment should be carried out concomitantly with oral Trichopol tablets. Treatment should not be stopped during menstruation.
- Nonspecific vaginitis. Inject 1 vaginal tablet deep into the vagina, once a day for 7 days. If necessary, you can prescribe Trichopol tablets orally.
Simultaneous treatment of the patient’s sexual partner is recommended, even if he has no symptoms of infection.
The maximum duration of treatment should not exceed 10 days, the number of courses of treatment – 2-3 per year.
The drug is contraindicated for the treatment of children.
Overdose of the drug is characterized by nausea, vomiting, convulsions and ataxia.
When taking Trichopol vaginal tablets may develop dyspeptic disorders, the appearance of metallic taste or dry mouth, neuropathy, dizziness and headaches, cerebellar syndrome, anemia, thrombocytopenia and agranulocytosis. Allergic rashes, itchy skin, angioneurotic edema and anaphylactic shock may also occur.