Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia.
Triftazin-Zdorovye (trifluoperazine) coated tablets 5 mg №50
active substance: 1 tablet contains trifluoperazine 5 mg;
excipients: lactose monohydrate; corn starch; microcrystalline cellulose; povidone; colloidal anhydrous silica; croscarmellose sodium; stearic acid; hypromellose; titanium dioxide (E 171); indigo carmine (E 132).
Main physical and chemical properties: film-coated tablets, from light blue to blue. Two layers are visible in cross section.
Antipsychotics. Piperazine derivatives of phenothiazine.
ATX code N05A B06.
It is an antipsychotic (neuroleptic). It has a pronounced antipsychotic, antiemetic effect. Also has alpha-adrenolytic, mild sedative and anticholinergic effects. It has a long-term and pronounced effect on productive mental symptoms (delirium, hallucinations). May cause extrapyramidal disorders.
Triftazin-Zdorovye is used:
- with schizophrenia, other mental illnesses that occur with hallucinations, delirium, psychomotor agitation;
- with vomiting of central genesis.
Triftazin-Zdorovye is not used:
- if you are allergic to trifluoperazine, other components of the drug;
- with suppression of the function of the central nervous system, coma;
- with TBI;
- with pathology of the kidneys, liver, hematopoietic organs with a violation of their functions;
- with progressive systemic diseases of the spinal cord or brain;
- with peptic ulcer of the duodenum, stomach in the acute phase;
- with decompensated heart failure;
- with severe arterial hypotension;
- for diseases accompanied by the risk of thromboembolic complications;
- with angle-closure glaucoma;
- with prostatic hyperplasia;
- with myxedema;
- during pregnancy / lactation;
- children under three years old.
Triftazin-Zdorovye is used with caution:
- in the treatment of elderly patients;
- with vomiting (may mask vomiting associated with drug intoxication);
- with alcohol intoxication;
- with Reye’s syndrome;
- with cachexia;
- with breast cancer;
- with Parkinson’s disease;
- with urinary retention;
- with chronic diseases of the respiratory organs;
- with epileptic seizures.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
The drug Triftazin-Zdorovye is taken orally after meals. The daily dose is divided into 2 – 3 doses.
The standard dose for the treatment of anxiety conditions is 1 mg 2 times / day; psychotic disorders – 2-5 mg 2 times / day. To obtain the optimal effect, the dose is gradually increased to 15-20 mg / day. The maximum is 40 mg / day.
Children 6-12 years old in the treatment of psychotic disorders are shown 1 mg 1-2 times / day, if necessary – 4 mg / day. Children over 12 years old are shown 5-6 mg / day.
When vomiting in adults, appoint 1-2 mg 2 times / day.
For elderly patients, the dose is reduced.
Symptoms: areflexia / hyperreflexia, cardiotoxic effects (heart failure, arrhythmia, drop in blood pressure, tachycardia, shock, ventricular fibrillation, changes in the QRS complex, cardiac arrest), blurred vision, neurotoxic effects (agitation, confusion, disorientation, convulsions , stupor, coma), dry mouth, mydriasis, hyperpyrexia / hypothermia, muscle stiffness, pulmonary edema, vomiting, respiratory depression.
Symptomatic treatment is carried out. Control of the function of the cardiovascular system, respiration, central nervous system, thermometry, psychiatric consultation.
- Neurological disorders: drowsiness, insomnia, dizziness, mental indifference, extrapyramidal disorders (dyskinesia, akinetic phenomena, tremor, akathisia, hyperkinesis, autonomic disorders), convulsions, neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
- Ophthalmic disorders: paresis of accommodation, retinopathy, opacity of the cornea or lens.
- Genitourinary disorders: urinary retention, frigidity, decreased potency, decreased libido, priapism, ejaculation disorders, oliguria.
- Endocrine disorders: hypo / hyperglycemia, amenorrhea, glucosuria, hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, dysmenorrhea, breast swelling, gynecomastia, mastalgia, weight gain.
- Digestive disorders: dry mouth, constipation, decreased appetite, bulimia, vomiting, gastralgia, diarrhea, cholestatic jaundice.
- Changes in laboratory parameters: thrombocytopenia, increased blood clotting, lymph / leukopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis, eosinophilia, pancytopenia, false positive pregnancy test.
- Cardiovascular disorders: tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension, arrhythmia, lengthening of the Q – T interval, inversion or decrease in the T wave. Allergic reactions: urticaria, skin rash, angioedema.
- Others: melanosis, pigmentation of the conjunctiva, skin, discoloration of the cornea and sclera, decreased tolerance to high temperatures (heatstroke may develop).