Schizophrenia; other mental illnesses that occur with delusions, hallucinations: alcoholic hallucinations, paranoids, involutional psychoses, neuroses; vomiting of various origin.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: trifluoperazine hydrochloride (2 mg / ml).
Triftazin is produced in the form of injections.
It is an antipsychotic (neuroleptic). It has a pronounced antipsychotic, antiemetic effect. Also has alpha-adrenolytic, mild sedative and anticholinergic effects. It has a long-term and pronounced effect on productive mental symptoms (delirium, hallucinations). May cause extrapyramidal disorders.
Triftazin is used for schizophrenia and other mental illnesses that occur with hallucinations, delirium, and psychomotor agitation.
Triftazine is not used:
- if you are allergic to trifluoperazine, other components of the drug;
- with suppression of the function of the central nervous system, coma;
- with TBI;
- with pathology of the kidneys, liver, hematopoietic organs with a violation of their functions;
- with progressive systemic diseases of the spinal cord or brain;
- with peptic ulcer of the duodenum, stomach in the acute phase;
- with decompensated heart failure;
- with severe arterial hypotension;
- for diseases accompanied by the risk of thromboembolic complications;
- with angle-closure glaucoma;
- with prostatic hyperplasia;
- with myxedema;
- during pregnancy / lactation.
Triftazin is used with caution:
- in the treatment of elderly patients;
- with vomiting (may mask vomiting associated with drug intoxication);
- with alcohol intoxication;
- with Reye’s syndrome;
- with cachexia;
- with breast cancer;
- with Parkinson’s disease;
- with urinary retention;
- with chronic diseases of the respiratory organs;
- with epileptic seizures.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
The drug Triftazin is used intramuscularly.
The standard dose for the treatment of anxiety conditions is 1 mg 2 times / day; psychotic disorders – 2-5 mg 2 times / day. To obtain the optimal effect, the dose is gradually increased to 15-20 mg / day. The maximum is 40 mg / day.
For elderly patients, the dose is reduced.
Symptoms: areflexia / hyperreflexia, cardiotoxic effects (heart failure, arrhythmia, drop in blood pressure, tachycardia, shock, ventricular fibrillation, changes in the QRS complex, cardiac arrest), blurred vision, neurotoxic effects (agitation, confusion, disorientation, convulsions , stupor, coma), dry mouth, mydriasis, hyperpyrexia / hypothermia, muscle stiffness, pulmonary edema, vomiting, respiratory depression.
Symptomatic treatment is carried out. Control of the function of the cardiovascular system, respiration, central nervous system, thermometry, psychiatric consultation.
- Neurological disorders: drowsiness, insomnia, dizziness, mental indifference, extrapyramidal disorders (dyskinesia, akinetic phenomena, tremor, akathisia, hyperkinesis, autonomic disorders), convulsions, neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
- Ophthalmic disorders: paresis of accommodation, retinopathy, opacity of the cornea or lens.
- Genitourinary disorders: urinary retention, frigidity, decreased potency, decreased libido, priapism, ejaculation disorders, oliguria.
- Endocrine disorders: hypo / hyperglycemia, amenorrhea, glucosuria, hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, dysmenorrhea, breast swelling, gynecomastia, mastalgia, weight gain.
- Digestive disorders: dry mouth, constipation, decreased appetite, bulimia, vomiting, gastralgia, diarrhea, cholestatic jaundice.
- Changes in laboratory parameters: thrombocytopenia, increased blood clotting, lymph / leukopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis, eosinophilia, pancytopenia, false positive pregnancy test.
- Cardiovascular disorders: tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension, arrhythmia, lengthening of the Q – T interval, inversion or decrease in the T wave. Allergic reactions: urticaria, skin rash, angioedema.
- Others: melanosis, pigmentation of the conjunctiva, skin, discoloration of the cornea and sclera, decreased tolerance to high temperatures (heatstroke may develop).
Storage conditions and periods
Store Triftazin in its original production packaging at temperatures up to 25 degrees. It is good for 4 years after production (see the date on the packaging).