Inflammatory skin diseases, including those complicated by bacterial or fungal infections: eczema, atopic dermatitis, neurodermatitis, progressive and exudative psoriasis, parapsoriasis, pemphigus, contact dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, Dühring’s dermatitis, discoid lupus erythematosus, photodermatosis.
Release form, composition
The drug Trimistin is produced in the form of a white ointment, a gel-like uniform consistency with a weak specific odor.
The composition of 1 g contains the main components: micronized triamcinolone acetonide (0.25 mg) and miramistin (5 mg), as well as additional substances: propylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, betacyclodextrin, stearyl alcohol and purified water.
The drug Trimistin belongs to the group of bone steroid drugs, which are used in combination with antiseptics. The drug helps to suppress inflammatory reactions in tissues in response to chemical, mechanical or immune damage, reduce the resistance of microorganisms to antibiotics, prevent infection of wounds, activate regeneration processes, is effective against many bacteria and fungi (gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, yeasts and many others) …
It has anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and anti-exudative, antibacterial, antifungal properties.
Indications for use
The drug Trimistin is used and prescribed for inflammatory skin diseases, including those complicated by fungal or bacterial infections: atopic dermatitis, eczema, neurodermatitis, parapsoriasis, psoriasis in exudative form and a progressive stage, pemphigus, seborrheic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, Dühring’s dermatitis, photodiscous disease , skin lymphoma.
The drug Trimistin has a number of contraindications:
- individual intolerance to the ingredients;
- viral skin lesions, in particular with chickenpox and herpes simplex;
- parasitic infections (scabies) syphilitic skin lesions;
- skin reactions after vaccination;
- widespread plaque psoriasis;
- diaper rash, from wet diapers;
- leg ulcers, varicose veins, genital and perianal itching, facial skin lesions (acne vulgaris, rosacea, perioral dermatitis);
- skin cancer;
- dry peeling of the skin.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding period
The drug Trimistin is contraindicated for use during the I trimester of pregnancy, as well as during lactation, in the II and III trimester, use is possible only upon the recommendation of the attending physician.
Mode of application
The drug Trimistin is intended for topical use.
Before applying the ointment, erosive areas of the skin should be washed with a solution of hydrogen peroxide 3%, boric acid 1% or chlorhexidine bigluconate 0.05%. If necessary, the drug is applied to the bandage.
After the standard treatment of damaged skin has been carried out, it is necessary to apply a thin layer of ointment 1-2 times a day, but not more than 15 g of the drug. Also, the ointment is used under an occlusive dressing, but not more than 10 g per day.
The duration of therapy is determined by the doctor for each patient individually.
The application of Trimistin ointment in higher dosages and on large areas of the skin can cause the development of systemic side and local reactions. It is necessary to apply symptomatic treatment, but to cancel the drug immediately, it is not worth it, this must be done gradually, reducing the dose.
Side effects when using the drug Trimistin from various systems:
- organs of vision: exophthalmos, edema of the papilla of the optic nerve, glaucoma, exophthalmos, corneal ulcers and cataracts, especially in children;
- gastrointestinal tract: gastrointestinal bleeding, gastric bleeding, gastrointestinal perforation, pancreatitis, esophagitis, peptic ulcer;
- nervous system: convulsions, mental disorders, dizziness, increased intracranial pressure, headache, insomnia;
- cardiovascular system: arterial hypertension, heart failure;
- immune system: hypersensitivity reactions;
- skin and subcutaneous tissue: burning sensation, hyperemia, irritation, hypersensitivity, dryness, thinning of the skin, hirsutism, folliculitis, acne rash, perioral dermatitis, hypopigmentation, telangiectasia and erythema of the face, increased sweating, allergic contact dermatitis, retardation wounds, secondary infections, increased edema, oozing, itching, skin atrophy, contact eczema, slowing reactions during skin tests, steroid acne and purpura;
- musculoskeletal system and connective tissues: steroid myopathy, growth retardation in children, osteonecrosis, osteoporosis, aseptic necrosis;
- infections and parasitic diseases: masking the course of infections, activation of latent infections, opportunistic infections.
- systemic manifestations: suppression of the function of the adrenal cortex, Itsenko-Cushing’s syndrome, decreased tolerance to carbohydrates;
- water-electrolyte metabolism: secondary insufficiency of the adrenal cortex, hypokalemia, sodium and water retention in the body, hypokalemic alkalosis, arterial hypertension;
- laboratory abnormalities: negative nitrogen balance, increased intraocular pressure, slowing reactions during skin tests.
Storage of the drug Trimistin does not require any special conditions: temperature not higher than +25 ° C, original packaging and inaccessibility to children.
The shelf life of the gel is 24 months.