To reduce the risk of: death in patients with suspected acute myocardial infarction; fatalities in patients with myocardial infarction; transient ischemic attack (TIA) and stroke in patients with TIA; morbidity and fatal consequences with stable and unstable angina. For the prevention of: thrombosis and embolism after surgery on the vessels (percutaneous transluminal catheter angioplasty (RTSA), carotid artery endarterectomy, coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), arteriovenous bypass); deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism after long-term immobilization (after surgery); myocardial infarction in patients at high risk for cardiovascular complications (diabetes mellitus, controlled arterial hypertension) and individuals with multifactorial risk for cardiovascular disease (hyperlipidemia, obesity, smoking, old age). For secondary prevention of stroke.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: acetylsalicylic acid.
Dosage form: tablets 75 mg.
It is an anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, antiaggregatory and analgesic medicine. The active substance reduces exudation, swelling and redness at the site of inflammation. It inhibits the activity of substances that provide energy for the inflammation process. The drug has an analgesic effect, increasing the excitability threshold of the pain centers of the brain, reduces the increased, without affecting normal body temperature, by reducing the activity of the center of the hypothalamus, which regulates temperature. In addition, it disrupts the process of aggregation (gluing) of platelets.
Thrombo Ass 75 mg is prescribed:
- for the prevention of the development of repeated myocardial infarction in individuals with a heart attack in the past;
- to reduce the risk of secondary coronary artery dissection, restenosis after stent placement, or coronary balloon angioplasty;
- with fever in acute infectious and inflammatory processes;
- for the prevention of ischemic stroke in individuals with stroke, transient ischemic attack in the past;
- with ischemic heart disease or the presence of several risk factors for its development;
- with unstable angina pectoris;
- with a painless form of myocardial ischemia;
- for the prevention of thromboembolism in vasculitis (inflammation) of the coronary arteries (Kawasaki’s disease, Takayasu’s aortoarteritis), atrial fibrillation, mitral valve defects, mitral valve prolapse.
You can not use the drug Trombo Ass 75 mg:
- with a deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- with erosive / ulcerative lesions of the intestine or stomach in the acute phase;
- with allergies to the components of the drug;
- with portal hypertension;
- with “aspirin” asthma;
- with gastrointestinal bleeding;
- with hemorrhagic diathesis (thrombocytopenic purpura, von Willebrand disease, telangiectasias), hemophilia, hypoprothrombinemia;
- with dissecting aortic aneurysm;
- with a deficiency of vitamin K;
- when taking methotrexate at a dose of more than 15 mg / week;
- with kidney / liver failure;
- during pregnancy (I and III trimester), breastfeeding;
- with gout, gouty arthritis;
- up to 15 years old.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
In the I and III trimesters, taking this medication is contraindicated. In the II trimester, occasional use is allowed.
Salicylates can pass into breast milk, therefore, if treatment is necessary, the baby should be weaned.
Method of administration and dosage
It is used internally, preferably between meals.
For myocardial infarction, as well as for secondary prophylaxis in persons who have had a heart attack – 75–300 mg / day, in the evening.
To reduce platelet aggregation, prevent thromboembolic complications – 250–325 mg / day for an extended period.
With ischemic attacks, cerebral thromboembolic complications – 250–325 mg / day with a gradual increase to 1000 mg / day.
For the prevention of thrombosis, occlusion of the aortic shunt – 325 mg every 7 hours through a nasogastric tube, then in the same dose inside x3 times / day in combination with dipyridamole.
As an antipyretic (at a temperature> 38.5 ° C or a temperature> 37.5 ° C in patients with febrile seizures in the past) at a dose of 500-1000 mg.
Overdose symptoms: ringing in the ears, hyperventilation (due to stimulation of the respiratory center), alkalosis or metabolic acidosis, severe shortness of breath, fever, collapse (drop in blood pressure), coma, hypoprothrombinemia, convulsions, respiratory and renal failure.
First aid measures include gastric lavage (or provocation of vomiting), discontinuation of medication, intake of enterosorbent, saline laxatives, the introduction of alkalizing agents, restoration of the BCC, forced alkaline diuresis, correction of acid base balance, if necessary – hemodialysis, mechanical ventilation.
Possible erosive and ulcerative lesions of the stomach / intestines, nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, gastrointestinal bleeding, liver failure, allergic reactions (skin rash, “aspirin” asthma, angioedema), the development of interstitial nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, papillary necrosis , renal failure (when used for a long time), Reye’s syndrome, heart failure, neurological disorders (tinnitus, dizziness, blurred vision, headache, aseptic meningitis, hearing loss), the development of addiction after drug withdrawal, thrombocytopenia, anemia (anemia ), leukopenia.
Storage conditions and periods
At 15-25 ° С. Shelf life of Trombo Ass 75 mg tablets is 3 years.