Lower respiratory tract infections; acute bacterial otitis media; infections of soft tissues, skin; kidney and urinary tract infections; infections of bones, joints; septicemia; infections of the abdominal cavity (peritonitis, biliary tract and digestive tract infections); meningitis; gonorrhea; prevention of infections in surgery.
Composition and form of release
The main active ingredient: 1 vial contains 1 g of ceftriaxone and 0.125 g of tazobactam.
This drug belongs to antibacterial agents for systemic use.
Pharmacological components are a fixed combination of a third generation cephalosporin and a beta-lactamase inhibitor. One of the substances exhibits pronounced bactericidal activity by inhibiting the synthesis of cell membranes. The second component irreversibly inhibits beta-lactamases produced by microorganisms resistant to penicillin. The molecular structure of the latter corresponds to sodium sulfone penicillinate. The specified ingredient is active against both gram-positive and gram-negative strains of microorganisms, as well as some anaerobes.
The drug is prescribed for infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by pathogens sensitive to the combination of ceftriaxone with tazobactam:
- lower respiratory tract infections;
- acute bacterial otitis media of the middle ear;
- infections of the skin and soft tissues;
- complicated urinary tract infections;
- infections of bones and joints;
- infections of the abdominal organs;
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or one of the auxiliary components.
The drug is contraindicated in the following cases:
- a history of diseases of the digestive tract, especially ulcerative colitis, enteritis or colitis associated with the use of antibacterial drugs;
- hyperbilirubinemia or jaundice in full-term newborns;
- premature infants who have not reached the “expected” age of 41 weeks (taking into account the period of intrauterine development and age);
- full-term newborns who are shown intravenous administration of calcium-containing solutions;
- acidosis, hypoalbuminemia in term infants.
In pediatrics, the drug is used from the neonatal period.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is contraindicated for pregnant women – only under strict indications determined by the attending physician.
If you need to take the drug during breastfeeding, you should stop lactation.
Method of administration and dosage
As a rule, the dose is 1-2 g of ceftriaxone (0.5-1 g of sulbactam) 1 time / day or divided into 2 injections (every 12 hours).
In severe cases or with infections, the causative agents of which are moderately sensitive to ceftriaxone, the daily dose can be increased to 4 g.
The duration of treatment depends on the course of the disease.
The administration of the drug should be continued for at least 48-72 hours after the temperature has returned to normal and the eradication of the pathogen is confirmed.
The course of treatment is usually 4-14 days; for complicated infections, longer administration may be required.
In case of an overdose of the drug, the following phenomena may occur:
- impaired renal function.
The drug is usually well tolerated when used in the recommended doses.
As side effects can be observed:
- fever or chills, anaphylactic or anaphylactoid reactions (eg, bronchospasm), rash, pruritus, allergic dermatitis, urticaria, edema, exudative erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Lyell’s syndrome, allergic pneumonitis, serum sickness;
- headache, dizziness, convulsions, vertigo;
- abdominal pain, taste disturbance, dyspepsia, bloating, stomatitis, glossitis, pancreatitis, pseudomembranous colitis;
- cholelithiasis, “sludge-phenomenon” of the gallbladder, jaundice;
- anemia (including hemolytic), leukopenia, lymphopenia, leukocytosis, lymphocytosis, monocytosis, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, thrombocytosis, eosinophilia, granulocytopenia, basophilia, increase (decrease) in prothrombin time, increase in thromboplastin time, agranulocytosis;
- mycosis of the genital organs, oliguria, vaginitis, nephrolithiasis;
- phlebitis, soreness, induration along the vein;
- a feeling of warmth, tightness, or tightness at the insertion site.
Storage conditions and periods
Expiration date – up to 2 years from the production date indicated on the package. Storage periods should not be exceeded.
Storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C. Temperature deviations can change the properties of the preparation, therefore it should always be stored in its original packaging.