For dissolution of X-ray negative cholesterol gallstones not more than 15 mm in diameter in patients with functioning gallbladder, despite the presence of gall (s) stone (s). For symptomatic treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) in the absence of decompensated cirrhosis. For the treatment of hepatobiliary disorders in cystic fibrosis in children aged 6 yEars and Nose.
Composition and form of release
Ukrliv is produced in the form of suspension (250 mg / 5 ml).
Active ingredient: ursodeoxycholic acid.
A medicine used for diseases of the hepatobiliary system. Reduces the saturation of bile with cholesterol, slowing down its absorption in the small intestine and its secretion into bile.
Ukrliv is applied:
- for the symptomatic treatment of PBC (primary biliary cirrhosis) in the absence of a decompensated course of liver cirrhosis;
- for dissolving cholesterol (X-ray) gallstones with a diameter of not more than 15 mm in patients with a functioning gallbladder, even if there are gallstones (s);
- for the treatment of hepatobiliary disorders in children aged 6 years and older suffering from cystic fibrosis.
You cannot use Ukrliv:
- with allergies to components;
- a blockage of the bile duct (blockage of the common bile duct / bladder duct);
- with cirrhosis of the liver in the stage of decompensation;
- patients with a gallbladder that cannot be visualized by X-ray methods, with impaired contractility of the gallbladder, with calcified stones, in the presence of frequent biliary colic;
- with acute inflammation of the bile ducts / gallbladder;
- with an unsuccessful result of portoenterostomy;
- in the absence of an adequate outflow of bile in children with atresia of the bile ducts.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Not enough data. The results of animal studies have demonstrated the toxicity of this drug for pregnant women, especially in the early stages.
It is important to rule out pregnancy before starting treatment.
The content of ursodeoxycholic acid in milk during breastfeeding was extremely low, therefore, the development of adverse events in a child receiving such milk is not expected.
Method of administration and dosage
Patients weighing less than 47 kg or with swallowing disorders are recommended to use the drug Ukrliva in the form of a suspension:
for the dissolution of cholesterol gallstones – 10 mg / kg of body weight daily;
Ukrliv tablets should be swallowed without chewing and washed down with water in the evening before bedtime.
Ultrasonic testing is performed every 6 months.
If there are signs of stone calcification, treatment is stopped.
In the first 3 months of treatment, Ukrliv tablets are taken, distributing the daily dose into several doses. With positive dynamics, the daily dose can be taken 1 time / day – in the evening.
Children with cystic fibrosis over the age of 6 years are prescribed – 20 mg / kg / day, divided into 2-3 doses, followed by an increase to 30 mg / kg / day if necessary.
Diarrhea is a sign of an overdose. If diarrhea occurs, the dose is reduced, and if the diarrhea is persistent, treatment is stopped. Treatment involves restoring fluid and electrolyte balance.
On the digestive side: diarrhea, pasty stools, severe pain in the abdomen / right hypochondrium.
Co side of the liver / gallbladder: decompensation of liver cirrhosis, calcification of gallstones.
From the side of the immune system: manifestations of allergies, including urticaria.
During the first three months of therapy, liver function monitoring is required every 4 weeks.
Storage conditions and periods
Store no more than 2 years at 15-25 ° С.