Adults and children aged 12 and over. Reflux esophagitis. Adults. Eradication of Helicobacter pylori (H. rulori) in patients with H. rulori-associated gastric and duodenal ulcers in combination with appropriate antibiotics. Duodenal ulcer.
Stomach ulcer. Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and other hypersecretory pathological conditions.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: pantoprazole.
Ulsepan is produced in the form of a solution for tablets (40 mg).
This medication causes a decrease in gastric acid production. It acts by specifically affecting the proton pumps of the parietal cells of the stomach, in the acidic environment of which it turns into its active form. The severity of oppression depends on the dose and concerns both basal and stimulated gastric secretion.
Ulsepan is used:
- for the treatment of peptic ulcer;
- to treat reflux disease and eliminate its symptoms (heartburn, nausea, belching);
- for the treatment or prevention of recurrence of reflux esophagitis (damage to the esophagus caused by the reflux of gastric contents);
- to prevent the occurrence of ulcers and erosions of the stomach / intestines caused by long-term use of drugs (NSAIDs) in individuals at risk;
- as part of therapy aimed at eradication of Helicobacter pylori;
- for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Ulsepan is contraindicated in case of intolerance to the ingredients of the drug.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is allowed to use in pregnant / nursing mothers only as directed by a doctor.
Method of administration and dosage
The solution is used intravenously (only if oral administration is impossible).
Recommended doses (for adults or children over 12 years old):
- with reflux disease – 20 mg / day for 2-4 weeks, associated esophagitis – 4-8 weeks;
- for the prevention of ulcers and erosions of the stomach / intestine caused by taking NSAIDs, in individuals at risk – 20 mg / day;
- with reflux esophagitis – 20 mg-40 mg / day;
- for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome – 80 mg / day for 2 doses (possibly a temporary increase to 160 mg), the duration of treatment is not limited.
There is no data on overdose. In studies, when administered at a dose of 240 mg, there were no negative effects. In the event of symptoms of poisoning, general measures are taken to accelerate the removal of the active substance of the drug from the body, supportive therapy is prescribed.
Blood test changes: pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
Immune system disorders: anaphylactic reactions / shock, Quincke’s edema.
Skin changes: alopecia, urticaria, dermatitis, pruritus, rash, erythema multiforme, photosensitivity, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, epidermonecrolysis toxicity, cutaneous lupus erythematosus.
Metabolic disorders: electrolyte disturbances (hypomagnesemia, hyponatremia, hypokalemia, hypocalcemia).
Disorders of the psyche and nervous system: paresthesias, taste disturbances, drowsiness, headache, dizziness, aggression, confusion, depression, insomnia, anxiety, hallucinations.
Perceptual disorders: impaired visual acuity, vertigo.
Breathing disorders: bronchospasm
Digestive disorders: flatulence, diarrhea / constipation, dry mouth, pain in the supragastric region, vomiting, increased ALT / ASAT levels, hepatic encephalopathy, hepatitis, jaundice, liver failure.
Disorders of genitourinary function: gynecomastia (enlargement of the mammary glands), interstitial nephritis.
General disorders: fever, malaise, sweating, edema.
Storage conditions and periods
It is allowed to store Ulsepan for no more than 3 years. Temperature range: no higher than 25 ° С.