Surgery on the mucous membrane and bones requiring more intense ischemia; surgical interventions on tooth pulp (amputation and extirpation); removal of periodontal or broken teeth (osteotomy); prolonged surgical interventions; percutaneous osteosynthesis; removal of cysts; surgery on the gum mucosa; resection of the apex of the root.
Composition and form of release
Main active ingredients: articaine hydrochloride, epinephrine.
Auxiliary components: sodium metabisulfite, sodium chloride, water for injection.
The drug is produced in the form of an injection solution, in a volume of 1.7 ml.
1 ml of the drug contains 40 mg of articaine and 0.005 mg of epinephrine (adrenaline).
This medicinal product is a pharmaceutical product used for local anesthesia.
One of the main active ingredients of articaine hydrochloride is a topical anesthetic. The analgesic effect is explained by the ability to stabilize the membranes of nerve fibers due to the blockade of voltage-gated sodium channels. Pain relief comes quickly, after two to three minutes, and lasts from 45 minutes to one and a half hours.
Epinephrine (epinephrine) is an adrenergic agonist that can act on alpha and beta adrenergic receptors. It increases the efficiency and duration of local anesthesia by inhibiting the flow of the administered anesthetic into the general systemic circulation.
The mechanism of its action is due to the ability to activate adenylate cyclase on the cell membrane (its inner surface).
Reduces intraocular pressure, blood supply in internal organs, inhibit gastrointestinal motility. Has the ability to increase the oxygen demand of the heart muscle.
This medicinal product is intended for local anesthesia (infiltration, conduction), in particular, for pain relief during painful dental procedures that require deep anesthesia.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
Also, use is contraindicated for:
- violations of atrioventricular conduction;
- epilepsy not controlled by medication;
- heart failure, ischemic heart disease;
- porphyria, severe forms of arterial hypo- and hypertension;
- decompensated prostate hypertrophy;
- pheochromocytoma, glaucoma;
- diabetes, hyperthyroidism, migraine, nephropathy.
Do not inject into areas on the fingers, nose, genitals, ears.
Not applicable for children under 1 year of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not used in the treatment of pregnant women or during breastfeeding.
Method of administration and dosage
This drug is used in the form of injections in dental practice. The dose is calculated on an individual basis.
Usually – 1.7 ml for anesthesia of 1 tooth. It is possible to administer large doses, depending on the type of operation, but no more than 500 mg per 1 administration and no more than 1,000 mg per day.
Dosage for adults – 7 mg of articaine per 1 kg of body weight, for children – no more than 5 mg per 1 kg of body weight (0.125 mg of the drug).
- increased blood pressure, tachyarrhythmia, bradycardia, other heart rhythm disturbances;
- pallor of the skin, vomiting, fear, anxiety, tremors, headache;
- metabolic acidosis, myocardial infarction, cardiac arrest;
- shortness of breath, hypoxia, apnea, myocardial depression.
As a treatment – urgent cessation of drug administration, administration of ephedrine, ventilation of the lungs.
The drug can cause side reactions, most often from the CVS and the central nervous system. In particular:
- angina pectoris, bradycardia, tachycardia, shortness of breath, arrhythmia;
- arterial hypotension, urinary retention;
- paresthesia, anxiety, anxiety, nervousness;
- psychoneurotic disorders, psychomotor agitation, inappropriate behavior, paranoia;
- myocardial depression, arrhythmia, angina pectoris;
- diplopia, strabismus, nystagmus;
- allergic reactions, incl. urticaria, itching, flushing of the skin, angioedema, anaphylactic reactions;
- bronchospasm, shortness of breath, apnea, nausea, vomiting, anorexia;
- reversible changes in blood quality;
- hyperglycemia, liver or kidney necrosis;
- photophobia, pharyngeal pain.
Storage conditions and periods
Shelf life – 2.5 years (cartridges) and 3 years (ampoules).
Storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C.
Should not be frozen!