Symptomatic treatment of mild and moderate intensity pain and / or fever.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredients: acetylsalicylic acid (330 mg), ascorbic acid (200 mg).
Dosage form: effervescent tablets.
It is an anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, antiaggregatory and analgesic medicine. The active substance reduces exudation, swelling and redness at the site of inflammation. It inhibits the activity of substances that provide energy for the inflammation process. The drug has an analgesic effect, increasing the excitability threshold of the pain centers of the brain, reduces the increased, without affecting normal body temperature, by reducing the activity of the center of the hypothalamus, which regulates temperature. In addition, it disrupts the process of aggregation (gluing) of platelets.
Upsarin Oopsa with Vitamin C is prescribed:
- with an increase in body temperature;
- with pain syndrome of mild / moderate intensity (migraine, osteoarthritis, painful menstruation, headache, arthritis pain, toothache);
- with rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic fever, pericarditis, Dressler’s syndrome, rheumatic chorea;
- for diseases of the spine, accompanied by pain (sciatica, lumbago);
- with neuralgia, myalgia.
Do not use the drug Upsarin Upsa with Vitamin C:
- with a deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- with erosive / ulcerative lesions of the intestine or stomach in the acute phase;
- in case of allergy to the components of the medicine;
- with portal hypertension;
- with “aspirin” asthma;
- with gastrointestinal bleeding;
- with hemorrhagic diathesis (thrombocytopenic purpura, von Willebrand disease, telangiectasias), hemophilia, hypoprothrombinemia;
- with dissecting aortic aneurysm;
- with a deficiency of vitamin K;
- when taking methotrexate at a dose of more than 15 mg / week;
- with kidney / liver failure;
- during pregnancy (I and III trimester), breastfeeding;
- with gout, gouty arthritis;
- with diabetes mellitus;
- up to 15 years old.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
In the I and III trimesters, taking this medication is contraindicated. In the II trimester, occasional use is allowed.
Salicylates can pass into breast milk, therefore, if treatment is necessary, the baby should be weaned.
Method of administration and dosage
The tablet must be dissolved in a glass of water immediately before use.
Adults, as well as children over 15 years of age, are prescribed 2 effervescent tablets, if necessary, you can repeat the intake after 4 hours. Maximum 9 effervescent tablets per day.
Overdose symptoms: ringing in the ears, hyperventilation (due to stimulation of the respiratory center), alkalosis or metabolic acidosis, severe shortness of breath, fever, collapse (drop in blood pressure), coma, hypoprothrombinemia, convulsions, respiratory and renal failure.
First aid measures include gastric lavage (or provocation of vomiting), discontinuation of medication, intake of enterosorbent, saline laxatives, the introduction of alkalizing agents, restoration of the BCC, forced alkaline diuresis, correction of acid base balance, if necessary – hemodialysis, mechanical ventilation.
Possible erosive and ulcerative lesions of the stomach / intestines, nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, gastrointestinal bleeding, liver failure, allergic reactions (skin rash, “aspirin” asthma, angioedema), the development of interstitial nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, papillary necrosis , renal failure (when used for a long time), Reye’s syndrome, heart failure, neurological disorders (tinnitus, dizziness, blurred vision, headache, aseptic meningitis, hearing loss), the development of addiction after drug withdrawal, thrombocytopenia, anemia (anemia ), leukopenia.
Storage conditions and periods
At 15-25 ° С. The shelf life of Upsarin Upsa tablets with Vitamin C is indicated on the package (2 years).