For dissolution of X-ray negative cholesterol gallstones not larger than 15 mm in diameter in patients with functioning gallbladder, despite the presence of gall (s) stone (s) in it. For the treatment of biliary reflux gastritis. For symptomatic treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) in the absence of decompensated cirrhosis. For the treatment of hepatobiliary disorders in cystic fibrosis in children aged 6 to 18 yEars and Nose.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: ursodeoxycholic acid.
Ursoliv is produced in the form of capsules (250 mg).
A drug containing ursodeoxycholic acid – a component of human bile. Reduces the saturation of bile with cholesterol. It is believed that the drug acts by replacing toxic bile acids with hydrophilic non-toxic ursodeoxycholic acid, as well as by improving the secretory capacity of hepatocytes, stimulating immunoregulatory processes.
Ursoliv is prescribed:
- for the treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis;
- for the treatment of gastritis with bile reflux;
- for the treatment of hepatobiliary disorders in children 6–18 years of age suffering from cystic fibrosis;
- for dissolving cholesterol gallstones (exclusively X-ray negative) with a diameter of less than 15 mm (with a functioning gallbladder).
You can not appoint Ursoliv:
- with allergy to ursodeoxycholic acid;
- with intolerance to excipients;
- with decompensated liver cirrhosis;
- with acute cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder);
- with acute cholangitis (inflammation of the bile ducts);
- when calcified stones are detected in the gallbladder;
- with obstruction of the common bile duct, bladder duct;
- in violation of the contractile ability of the gallbladder;
- with frequent episodes of hepatic colic;
- in case of unsuccessful portoenterostomy or insufficient outflow of bile in children with atresia of the biliary tract.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Not enough data. The results of studies have demonstrated the toxicity of the drug in the early stages of pregnancy. The medicine should not be used during pregnancy, except in cases of vital necessity.
Women of childbearing age can only take the medicine if they are using reliable contraceptives (non-hormonal or low-estrogen oral contraceptives). It is important to exclude the possibility of pregnancy before starting treatment.
The content of ursodeoxycholic acid in the milk of a mother receiving Ursoliv treatment is extremely low, so you should not expect adverse events in the child.
Method of administration and dosage
Taking this medication is possible only as directed by a doctor and under his control.
in order to dissolve cholesterol gallstones – 10 mg / kg / day: for patients 47-60 kg – 2 capsules / day (500 mg / day); patients 61–80 kg – 3 capsules / day (750 mg / day); patients 81-100 kg – 4 capsules / day (1000 mg / day); patients weighing 100 kg or more – 5 capsules / day (1250 mg / day);
course – 6-24 months (if a decrease after a year of regular intake of the size of gallstones did not occur, it is not advisable to continue therapy);
for the treatment of gastritis with bile reflux – 250 mg x1 times / day, course of treatment – 10-14 days;
for symptomatic therapy of primary biliary cirrhosis – 14 ± 2 mg / kg / day;
for the treatment of hepatobiliary disorders in cystic fibrosis in children 6–18 years old – 20 mg / kg / day in 2–3 doses, followed by a transition to a dose of 30 mg / kg / day.
During the first 3 months of therapy, hepatic functional parameters (gamma-glutamyltransferase, AST, ALT) are monitored every four weeks, then every three months.
In case of overdose, diarrhea may occur. In this case, the dose is reduced or treatment is stopped.
Digestive disorders: frequent and loose stools, pain in the right hypochondrium, pasty stools.
Immune system disorders: allergic manifestations.
Disorders of the hepatobiliary system: exacerbation of cirrhosis, calcification of gallstones.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Ursoliv capsules at 15–25 ° C for 2 years.