Dissolution of X-ray negative cholesterol gallstones with a diameter not exceeding 15 mm in diameter in patients with a functioning gallbladder, despite the presence of gall (s) stone (s); treatment of biliary reflux gastritis; symptomatic treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) in the absence of decompensated cirrhosis.
Out of stock
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: ursodeoxycholic acid.
Ursolysin is produced in capsule form (300 mg).
This is a remedy used in diseases of the biliary tract. Ursodeoxycholic acid is a component of human bile. It reduces the saturation of bile with cholesterol by inhibiting its absorption in the intestine, reducing its excretion into bile. This helps dissolve cholesterol calculi (stones). The effect of this drug in cholestatic processes and liver diseases is due to the relative replacement of detergent-like, lipophilic, toxic bile acids with non-toxic, cytoprotective, hydrophilic ursodeoxycholic acid, as well as the ability to improve the secretory capacity of hepatocytes, immunoregulatory processes.
Ursolysin is indicated:
- for dissolution of X-ray-negative cholesterol stones (stones) in the gallbladder, no more than 15 mm in diameter (subject to the conditions of a functioning gallbladder);
- with gastritis caused by bile reflux;
- for the symptomatic treatment of biliary cirrhosis (primary) in the compensation phase.
Ursolysin should not be used:
- with calcified calculi;
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with obstruction of the biliary tract (bladder duct, common bile duct);
- with radiologically confirmed presence of calculi;
- with acute inflammation of the gallbladder, biliary tract;
- in violation of the contractile function of the gallbladder, frequent biliary colic.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
There is no sufficient data on the use of this medication in pregnant women. In this regard, the use during this period is possible only by the decision of the doctor.
It is not known whether ursodeoxycholic acid penetrates into breast milk, so Ursolysin is not used during breastfeeding or is temporarily discontinued.
Method of administration and dosage
Ursolysin is used orally.
The daily dose depends on the indication.
To dissolve cholesterol stones in the gallbladder, as a rule, 10 mg / kg is prescribed or:
- weighing less than 60 kg – 2 capsules;
- with a weight of 61–80 kg – 3 capsules;
- with a weight of 81-100 kg – 4 capsules;
- weighing more than 101 kg – 5 capsules.
Ursolysin capsules are taken (without chewing) before bedtime with a little water. Duration of application – 24 months.
The effectiveness of treatment is monitored by x-ray or ultrasound every six months. With the development of stone calcification, therapy is stopped.
For the treatment of reflux gastritis, 300 mg is prescribed 1 time / day for 10-14 days. For the symptomatic treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis, 600-1500 mg (approximately 14 ± 2 mg / kg) are prescribed.
In cases of overdose, diarrhea may occur. Other manifestations of overdose are unlikely, since the absorption of ursodeoxycholic acid decreases with increasing dose and a large amount of it is excreted in the feces.
With the development of diarrhea, it is recommended to reduce the dose, and with persistent diarrhea, to stop therapy.
Overdose treatment is symptomatic. It is necessary to restore fluid balance, normalize electrolyte levels.
Digestive disorders: mushy stools, diarrhea, pain in the right hypochondrium, calcification of calculi, decompensation of liver diseases.
Hypersensitivity reactions: urticaria, skin rash.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Ursolysin at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C for no more than three years.