To dissolve X-ray negative cholesterol gallstones no larger than 15 mm in diameter in patients with a functioning gallbladder, despite the presence of gallstone (s) in it. For the treatment of biliary reflux gastritis. For symptomatic treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) in the absence of decompensated liver cirrhosis. For the treatment of hepatobiliary disorders in cystic fibrosis in children aged 6 to 18 yEars and Nose.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: ursodeoxycholic acid.
Ursomax is produced in capsule form (250 mg).
This is a remedy used in diseases of the biliary tract. Ursodeoxycholic acid is a component of human bile. It reduces the saturation of bile with cholesterol by inhibiting its absorption in the intestine, reducing its excretion into bile. This helps dissolve cholesterol calculi (stones). The effect of this drug in cholestatic processes and liver diseases is due to the relative replacement of detergent-like, lipophilic, toxic bile acids with non-toxic, cytoprotective, hydrophilic ursodeoxycholic acid, as well as the ability to improve the secretory capacity of hepatocytes, immunoregulatory processes.
Ursomax is shown:
- for dissolution of X-ray-negative cholesterol stones (stones) in the gallbladder, no more than 15 mm in diameter (subject to the conditions of a functioning gallbladder);
- with gastritis caused by bile reflux;
- for the symptomatic treatment of biliary cirrhosis (primary) in the compensation phase.
Ursomax should not be used:
- with calcified calculi;
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with obstruction of the biliary tract (bladder duct, common bile duct);
- with radiologically confirmed presence of calculi;
- with acute inflammation of the gallbladder, biliary tract;
- in violation of the contractile function of the gallbladder, frequent biliary colic.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
There is no sufficient data on the use of this medication in pregnant women. In this regard, the use during this period is possible only by the decision of the doctor.
It is not known whether ursodeoxycholic acid penetrates into breast milk, so Ursomax is not used during breastfeeding or is temporarily stopped.
Method of administration and dosage
Ursomax is used internally.
The daily dose depends on the indication.
To dissolve cholesterol stones in the gallbladder, as a rule, 10 mg / kg is prescribed or:
- weighing less than 60 kg – 2 capsules;
- with a weight of 61–80 kg – 3 capsules;
- with a weight of 81-100 kg – 4 capsules;
- weighing more than 101 kg – 5 capsules.
Ursomax capsules are taken (without chewing) before going to bed with a little water. Duration of application – 24 months.
The effectiveness of treatment is monitored by x-ray or ultrasound every six months. With the development of stone calcification, therapy is stopped.
For the treatment of reflux gastritis, 250 mg is prescribed 1 time / day for 10-14 days. For the symptomatic treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis, 750-1750 mg (approximately 14 ± 2 mg / kg) are prescribed.
In cases of overdose, diarrhea may occur. Other manifestations of overdose are unlikely, since the absorption of ursodeoxycholic acid decreases with increasing dose and a large amount of it is excreted in the feces.
With the development of diarrhea, it is recommended to reduce the dose, and with persistent diarrhea, to stop therapy.
Overdose treatment is symptomatic. It is necessary to restore fluid balance, normalize electrolyte levels.
Digestive disorders: mushy stools, diarrhea, pain in the right hypochondrium, calcification of calculi, decompensation of liver diseases.
Hypersensitivity reactions: urticaria, skin rash.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Ursomax at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C for no more than three years.