Oropharynx inflammation; gingivitis, stomatitis, pharyngitis; in dentistry after tooth extraction.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: benzydamine hydrochloride (3 mg / ml).
Excipients: 96% ethanol, glycerin, sodium saccharin, methylparaben E218, mint flavor, macrogol glyceryl hydroxystearate, purified water.
Zipelor Forte is produced in the form of a spray.
Zipelor Forte is used:
- with gingivitis (inflammation of the gums);
- with glossitis (inflammation of the tongue);
- with stomatitis (inflammatory processes in the oral cavity), including after radiation, chemotherapy;
- with laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx);
- with tonsillitis (inflammation of the tonsils);
- with pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx);
- with calculous (with the formation of stones) inflammation of the salivary glands;
- with candidiasis (fungal infection) of the oral cavity;
- after surgery, injuries (fractures of the jaw, tonsillectomy);
- after tooth extraction, other dental treatment;
- with periodontitis (inflammation of the periodontal tissue).
Contraindicated Zipelor Forte:
– at intolerance of components of drug;
– children under 18 years.
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
There have been no adequate human studies on the use of benzydamine in the treatment of pregnant women and nursing mothers. There are insufficient data from animal studies. The ability of this drug to pass into breast milk has not been studied. As the potential risk for humans is unknown, the use of Zipelor Forte during these periods is not recommended.
Method of application and dose
Zipelor Forte is applied topically – by irrigating the oropharynx.
The nebulizer must be installed before use.
When the pump is pressed, an aerosol is formed, which contains one dose of spray (0.17 ml, which corresponds to 0.51 mg of active substance).
Adults are recommended 4-8 sprays 2-6 times a day.
There have been no reports of overdose with this drug when applied topically. However, it is known that the active ingredient when ingested in large doses (hundreds of times higher than therapeutic doses of this dosage form) can cause intoxication.
Symptoms: palpitations, abdominal cramps, hallucinations, vomiting, anxiety, fear, fever, convulsions, ataxia (incoordination), respiratory depression.
Treatment of overdose: gastric lavage, use of enterosorbents (eg, activated charcoal), medical supervision, symptomatic, supportive therapy.
Neurological disorders: cephalgia (headache), vertigo (dizziness).
Local reactions: dryness, burning in the mouth, numbness, swelling, discoloration of the tongue.
Allergic reactions: skin rash, photosensitization (sensitivity to the sun), angioneurotic edema, pruritus, laryngospasm, anaphylaxis, up to shock.
Conditions and terms of storage
Store Zipelor Forte at + 15-25 ° C for no more than two years from the date of manufacture.