Infections caused by microorganisms sensitive to azithromycin: infections of ENT organs (bacterial pharyngitis / tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media); respiratory tract infections (bacterial bronchitis, non-hospital pneumonia); skin and soft tissue infections: migratory erythema (initial Lyme disease), erysipelas, impetigo, secondary pyodermatosis; acne vulgaris (acne common) of moderate severity; sexually transmitted infections: uncomplicated ingenious infections caused by Chlamydia trachomatis.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredient: azithromycin.
Zitrox is available in tablet form 500 mg.
Zitrox is indicated for infections caused by microorganisms sensitive to this antibiotic:
- otorhinolaryngological (sinusitis, otitis media, sore throat, pharyngitis);
- respiratory tract (bronchitis, pneumonia, including atypical, pleural empyema, lung abscess);
- soft tissues, skin (pyoderma, erysipelas, acne, impetigo, abscess, boils, phlegmon, secondary infected dermatoses);
- urogenital system (gonorrheal or non-gonorrheal urethritis, cervicitis, cystitis, endometritis, prostatitis, pyelonephritis);
- at the initial stage of Lyme disease (tick-borne borreliosis) – erythema migrans.
Zitrox is not used:
- at intolerance of components of drug;
- with allergies to macrolides in the past;
- with severe hepatic / renal impairment;
- at a body weight not exceeding 45 kg.
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Azithromycin penetrates the placental barrier, so administration to pregnant women is permissible only in cases where the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the fetus.
If treatment is required during lactation, cessation of breastfeeding is indicated.
Method of application and dose
Zitrox powder is administered orally.
The doctor sets the dose taking into account the severity of the disease, the nosological form, the sensitivity of the pathogen.
The standard dose for adults is 250-1000 mg once a day, for children – 5-10 mg / kg / day.
The duration of treatment is individual, depends on the demonstrated therapeutic effect, the severity of the infectious process. Usually 2-5 days.
Symptoms: diarrhea, temporary hearing loss, vomiting.
In case of overdose, gastric lavage, administration of enterosorbents, symptomatic therapy are indicated.
cephalgia, vertigo, paresthesia, agitation, fatigue, drowsiness, tinnitus, hyperkinesia, hearing impairment (reversible) up to deafness, anxiety, conjunctivitis, nervousness, sleep disturbance.
chest pain, palpitations.
Digestive disorders: nausea, flatulence, diarrhea, abdominal pain, cholestasis, jaundice, discoloration of the tongue, constipation, pseudomembranous colitis, pancreatitis, loss of appetite, liver failure, liver necrosis, candidiasis of the mucous membranes of the mouth, active hypertension, gastritis, gastritis bilirubin.
candidal colpitis, nephritis.
anaphylactic shock, itching, hives, rash, Quincke’s edema (angioneurotic).
transient neutrophilia, photosensitization, eosinophilia.
Conditions and terms of storage
Store Zitrox at a temperature up to + 25 ° C no more than 2 years.